Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 86 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed Explosion - Track Records and outstanding times

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Speed Explosion - Track Records and outstanding times

First of all Catch Your Breath going 1.53.9 at Kilmore on Sunday and today Fearless Leader going 1.55.9 at Horsham. How many more records will fall this summer?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Just watched the replay of Fearless Leader at Horsham and it was a huge run and he only looks like a wee little horse. His half brother Livingontheinterest broke the 1730m Gloucester Park record earlier this year when running 1:53.1.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    First of all Catch Your Breath going 1.53.9 at Kilmore on Sunday and today Fearless Leader going 1.55.9 at Horsham. How many more records will fall this summer?
    Better to ask Aust Post

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    Better to ask Aust Post
    or Bureau of Meteorology ?

or Are you suggesting little brown packages are involved
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    or Bureau of Meteorology ?

or Are you suggesting little brown packages are involved
    Not sure what colour they are but have a smell of curry on them

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have now watched the Fearless Leader race and I know he is classy enough to get into the Melton Plate and that a few starts back over the short trip at Maryborough he came with in .2 of the track record
    BUT he looks small enough to be in the pony trot and you don't break track records when you are forced to sit 3W MOST of the race. Now look how you have me thinking P Plater!

Edit 1 - he may have also broken the Maryborough record on Sep2 as I now see that Nimble Jack (C1 !) set the track record that day. C1 WTF
    Edit 2 - now watched Nimble Jack setting record - it was like they had a pacemaker in the race - did Matthew Craven mistake Avoca Flyer for his brother
    Last edited by Messenger; 10-30-2013 at 01:42 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    All packages and Curry(Would give anyone the runs) jokes aside, They were both huge runs. On the day that Nimble Jack broke the track record, Yankee Rockstar ran 1.55.5 in the 1st and won easily and probably have gone very close to the track record if pushed. Nimble Jacks race certainly look like it was set up for a backmarker to storm home. Fearless Leaders run was massive being posted 3wide for most of the race and once again the pace was a cracker. The little fella certainly has his share of ability and looks a typical Bettor's Delight. Woodlands might be sorry they sold him and I think the size issue would have come into it.

Real Name
    bailey martin
    Richard, I was always taught that size only matters to the female gender, now I must add Studs to the list as well.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Fairly sure that Courage under Fire might have been discarded by a few of the bigger Studs at first due to his size(14.2 hands) and then he landed in Alabar's lap. I guess it's the old story, don't overlook the little ones.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Size has become less and less relevant, other than in a few peoples heads. As the breed has improved and the times and tracks have got faster, the smaller, more compact horses have come to the fore. The bigger horses simply cant bang out the miles week after week.

Baby Bling is only small and Bling it on is not much bigger

+ Reply to Thread