+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 86 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed Explosion - Track Records and outstanding times

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    correct! Unbelievable performance, as she was being strangled the whole way down the straight!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Stormfortheboys Bernie Hewitt broke the track record last week at Peak Hill and today broke it again taking 1 second off last weeks performance recordind 1.56 for the 1800 mts
    Peak Hill is the best track in country NSW by a mile but then again i might be biast
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    A top field for the super series 3yo C&G in the last race at Yarra Valley today and an unusual contest with a tearaway - check it out

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#YGC15061506

Going by the call they had problems with the semaphore board and I know it is hard to time off the video but I thought they may have gone a bit faster than that
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    All Eyes On Us and Major Secret staged a bit of a private war in their heat of the Vicbred 4yo C&G at Geelong tonight with All Eyes winning and taking a new Tk Rec in rating 1.56.1 for the 2100m
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Our Bedrock broke the Stawell 1780 Track Record today when blitzing a C1 field by 17m in 1.56.8
    It was almost 2yrs exactly since his only other win at his first start as a late 4yo
    At only his 4th start for Peter Manning, I think this 6yo will continue to be VERY hard to beat when he finds the front

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#SWC22071503
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    First night on an upgraded track at Echuca last night - just the one sub 2:00 rate but expect the times to improve greatly with further activity on the track.

The rebuilt camber works similar to those done at Warragul where times have been lowered to a 1:55 mark after a few meetings.

Mildura and Horsham will have similar upgrades in the future, complementing Ballarat which was done last year.

The smaller tracks having their camber improved gives them all the characteristics of the bigger circuits, except the circumference of course, and helps create a point of difference in our industry,

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I wrestle with being a fan of the small tracks where unlike the gallops we can see everything but on the other hand dislike the fact that at Melton hardly anything outside the first 3 ever win - I have been thinking they should have longer straights at Melton but maybe they should have just made it smaller!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    I would say that upgrades at venues such as Echuca, Warragul and Mildura have been necessitated as much by their geographic layout as anything else. To my knowledge the properties these venues are located on aren't big enough/practical enough to have a 1000 metre track built on them without levelling the entire site and starting again.

Member Gelding gregcattell is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    greg cattell
    Occupation
    stockman
    Bettor Together smashed track record at Bathurst today 1.46.1 2year old colts & geldings

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcattell View Post
    Bettor Together smashed track record at Bathurst today 1.46.1 2year old colts & geldings
    LOL
    I can see what happened there - somehow the Lead time has been entered as minus - 3.7 which has led to the race time being recorded as 7.4 secs faster than it actually was and hence the world record MR
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread