Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 86 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed Explosion - Track Records and outstanding times

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Busselton 656m and 100m straight
    Scottsdale 740m and 80m straight
    Broken Hill 602m and 84.6m straight
    Wayville 513m and ?? straight

Wayville is strangely not listed in the current harness.org track list but I found this old link

http://www.harness.org.au/tracks/tra...8B03/index.htm
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Should distances <1609m count towards a horse's fastest time record????

IMO it seems a bit misleading to have Mercury 1200m mile rates recorded as a horse's fastest mile rate, mile rates should be for races of a mile or greater
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Lochinvar Art 1.48.6 that cannot be right can it ????

That takes over 2 secs off the Tk Rec 1720 MR

That is a faster MR than the 1200m Mercury

Hamilton was the fastest track in the state by 0.1 secs - now in one blow it is 2.0 secs off the pace!

ps Honorable mention to King of Swing taking 5.6 secs off his best MR in his first mile race at Menangle going 1.48.8
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Messenger; 01-25-2020 at 11:52 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Lochinvar Art 1.48.6 that cannot be right can it ????

That takes over 2 secs off the Tk Rec 1720 MR

That is a faster MR than the 1200m Mercury

Hamilton was the fastest track in the state by 0.1 secs - now in one blow it is 2.0 secs off the pace!

ps Honorable mention to King of Swing taking 5.6 secs off his best MR in his first mile race at Menangle going 1.48.8
    I tend to think it's correct Kev, they bisltered through that first half and the Lochinvar Art ( who has always shown he is capable of something special under the right conditions) has the audacity to do what he did.....and they made some top horses look second rate over the last 600 metres.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Incredible performance and great drive. Unbelievable sectionals highlight the 24 metre margin between 2nd and 3rd in what appeared a high quality field. The first two appear far superior to others of their age. All credit to Lochinvar Art but Self Assured's effort to be still pulling ground at the finish says plenty about him.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It would seem so Dan but I have been told it was hand-timed
    Apparently they have to do something to have the automatic timing work for the previous 1200m race and it was not up and running in time for the next.
    You will notice in the call that Danny does not provide any times except for the gross time at the end

You have to say that not only are the first 2 exceptional, the next 4 were good runs
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    If it was hand timed I really doubt it is an official time . There really is no excuse for not having the official clock working. Just another reason not to have 1200m races.
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The Steward's Comments column says NTR
    I thought I heard Dan give the gross time 1.56 when they were coming back but it is not on the replay - he says "times to come"

My first go with the stopwatch off the replay gave me 1.55.98 so I am happy with the record
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Clock wasn't working, was hand timed.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    The Steward's Comments column says NTR
    I thought I heard Dan give the gross time 1.56 when they were coming back but it is not on the replay - he says "times to come"

My first go with the stopwatch off the replay gave me 1.55.98 so I am happy with the record
    It was a great night.
    Great racing....with action in all races.
    The off-track attractions were a real highlight. HRV and their marketing and ownership staff had put a huge amount of planning to attract and entertain a younger crowd...and from what I saw..it worked.
    The publicity and prizes around the Mercury was great..new race, new thinking.
    Kudos to all involved.

And can Anthony Butt drive !!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread