Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed Explosion - Track Records and outstanding times

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    2 fine examples there Harvey, The smaller more compact horses certainly do seem to hold together more so than the bigger horses, especially with the younger brigade. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see many more track records set this season with the breed changing so quickly. I certainly think the the 1.50 at Menangle will be cracked a few more times this season but Smoken Up's 1.48.5 will be tough to crack, but not impossible in the right conditions.

Member Gelding broco will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    monique parsons
    Occupation
    trainer/driver
    Horses
    cullens moose, somart, ladybird
    its not the size that matters its the speed and heart put into that package that counts, give me a small horse over the huge ones anyday (one because they are normally more in my price range at the sales lol) but also because there is so much less impact on legs with a smaller horse, they often handle a turn much better and me being short I cant get a jolly bridle on the giants (yep have had to sit/stand on the tie up rail to get the bridle on a couple of not so cooperative ponies come raceday lol) have always had a lot more luck with the little ones than the bigger horses and find the smaller types often have more blistering speed than the big guys that need time to get it all together.
    But each to their own I just wish I had one that could run 1.53 big or small

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Monique, I have the opposite problem, I'm a touch under 2 metres tall(6'6'')and have no idea and would be flat out handling a Shetland Pony(lol) Thank god I can leave it up to the trainer. Bettor's Delight keeps on leaving a lot of nice mid size nice horses. He has 2 very nice fillies running around in NZ at the moment, Millie Sampson and the Aussie bred Willow. Both of these fillies have speed to burn and are beautifully gaited. I'm pretty sure that Bettor's was overlooked by a number of studs due to his size as well.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    or Bureau of Meteorology ?

or Are you suggesting little brown packages are involved
    Ooops.....Word has it Aust Post has struck......package with curry smell delivered to the wrong stable. Am told the trainer went for a change of undies after opening it.

It may now be in the hands of officials.......will we hear more in the weeks ahead?

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    Ooops.....Word has it Aust Post has struck......package with curry smell delivered to the wrong stable. Am told the trainer went for a change of undies after opening it.

It may now be in the hands of officials.......will we hear more in the weeks ahead?
    Not confirmed as yet but hear 2 stables have had surprise visits by authorities.........more to come

Senior Member 2YO Njcstables will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Cahir
    The track record at Ballarat was smashed yesterday morning at the TRIALS! Philadelphia Man 2200m 2.37.6 (2.39.6) mile rate 1.55.3 (1.56.7) last mile 1.53.7 ( that equals black dukes 2001 time trial mark)! Stable mate guaranteed second beaten 4m. Believe both headed to Sydney. Two very nice horses left well in there wake. Look out!

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Good horses alright, Would be great to see them at Menangle. Beautide broke the race record at Newcastle on Saturday night and I believe a track record was broken yesterday at St Arnaud.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    Size has become less and less relevant, other than in a few peoples heads. As the breed has improved and the times and tracks have got faster, the smaller, more compact horses have come to the fore. The bigger horses simply cant bang out the miles week after week.

Baby Bling is only small and Bling it on is not much bigger
    [VVV] Right on the money Harvey. Unfortunately these simple facts will not stop people wanting to 'buy them by the Pound' at the Sales. How readily people forget or choose to overlook the fact that so many of the truly great Standardbred racehorses were/have been by no means big horses. Insanity.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Peter Manning's 3yo's Quinella at Horsham and both break Track Record !

I know this could have gone in the Speed Explosion thread but it seemed too fantastic a feat to risk burying with old news

Early season 3yo's leading the rest of the field in a procession and both smash the Track Record which had already been lowered at Horsham's last meeting (Speed Explosion thread)

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...S251113&ms=vic
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    If you want your horse to improve, then head to Horsham...there is something down there that makes The Fountain Of Youth almost irrelevant.

The Avoca Flyer, now the winner of 5 races from 73 starts is testament to this. The 7yo gelding has been all over the Eastern seaboard building on his record. Until yesterday his best MR was a 1.58.7 at MENANGLE in March 2011. In June 2012 at Horsham over the 1700m he was able to carve out a handy 2.01.3 to win. It has been a bit tough for him this season, until yesterday his best MR was a struggling 2.02.8.

Yesterday on a track that can only have been curated by The Hand Of God Himself, a miracle was witnessed by the lucky few in attendance.

The Avoca Flyer launched himself into the stratosphere, on legs of greased lightning, this one-time handy pacer set a new mark of 1.56.3, still a full second slower than the 3 yr olds went. Driven like he was at Yonkers, the (new) Avoca Flyer lowered his best MR for the season by 6.5 seconds. Gobsmacking!

+ Reply to Thread