Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 86 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed Explosion - Track Records and outstanding times

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I don't usually see the Herald Sun but doing a bit of cafe reading today saw a mention of Animated in yesterday's paper

1.54.9 wide, then parked and pretty much untouched at Bendigo last Wednesday

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#BNC14101505

I would have thought we may have got a post about this from a certain Bendigo poster of ours
    Are you holding out on us Noel
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    No...I'm still here.
    It was a bit lost in the avalanche of local winners that week:As I posted on the BHRC Website: www.bhrc.com.au

Punters who follow Bendigo trained horses and view the video of Bendigo Trials, are having a field day, with 9 winners in the past week.
    One, the Bill White trained I Am I Cried won last Sunday at Shepparton paying $74, while the Glenn Sharp trained Spud won the next race paying $24.
    The recent winners are:
    Oct 7
    Bendigo: Sheer Strength and
    Saint Grace
    Oct 10
    Melton :Sun of Sonoko
    Oct 11
    Shepparton: I Am I Cried, Spud,
    Master Machmanus and Another Ayjay
    Oct 14
    Bendigo: Sukovia and
    Animated who raced three wide into the death then sprinted away in the straight to win untouched in 1.54.9.

Hayden Gray , local concession driver drove a double, and then again at Geelong drove another double

It pays to follow the Bendigo Trial form ( although Sukovia tralled well at Maryborough before the first up win.)

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Our Hi Jinx wins the Gp1 Queensland Pacing Championship in Track Record time rating 1.55 for the 2680m. The cheats lane played a part but he had led for half the race
    Philadelphia Man $1.40 was sooooooo ridiculous
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Great run OHJ is having, even though cheat express lane played a massive part.
    Philadelphia Man starting those odds was just plain crazy.
    I still don't understand how many people talk about his 'strength! Overrated much?

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have never thought of him as strong either Ev, until the previous run in the Gold Coast Cup over the shorter trip. I prefer him over the shorter trip
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Ye for sure Kev! He is much better over the short, or he must have a good run in transit over the longer journey. He won't be or he 'shouldn't' be starting those ridiculous odds anytime soon, when he's racing against some very high quality horses.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    The Jet Player was highly impressive taking 0.6 off the Stawell track record for 1780m.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    The Jet Player was highly impressive taking 0.6 off the Stawell track record for 1780m.
    I know somebody that went to Stawell and did not even bother to go to the trots today
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    The Jet Player was the first 2yo touted and punted in the first 2yo race at a Maryborough meeting last season, due to a cracking trial at Melton...but never quite lived up to that ...now seems like he is !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I remember that Noel. I think the records at Stawell can still go much lower despite it being a tight little track. Before today the 1780m was held by Our Bedrock while Hi Tech Fury holds the 2175m - good horses but not top class. It would be interesting to see what some topliners could run.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread