Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 86 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed Explosion - Track Records and outstanding times

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I received an interesting email from an astute follower. Here is an extract

"The times weren't a result of some change to the track profile or maintenance. In the main the quality of fields over that time hadn't altered greatly, in some cases I was seeing the same horse trained by the same trainers?

Eventually I concluded it was a result of the mindset of the younger drivers. You will be familiar with the older trainer/drivers who knew almost to the second a horse's ability and would drive to (i) save their horse for next week and (ii) to ensure it picked up a place check, where possible.

Well the younger drivers don't have the weekday attachment to their horse. They jump into the sulky, drive the horse in most instances making greater use of the horse and after the race hand the reins back to the trainer."

It is no doubt a factor - one that I had never thought of
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    I'd say we have seen an improvement on tracks and equipment and horses Kev. But what your emailer writes is very very true the overwhelming difference is a change in driving style that prioritise what happens today over what comes tomorrow.

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Quote Originally Posted by alphastud View Post
    UNTITLED (LIVE OR DIE USA) paced 1:55.6 at WAGGA tonight (15.5.18) to win the 10k COUNTRY SERIES HEAT breaking the track record time by 1 full sec.

Congratulations to trainer / driver BRAD HEWITT and the owner MILLY HEWITT.

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=WW150518

Unfortunately, LIVING AGAIN NZ (LIVE OR DIE USA) missed winning 5 straight races today at Menangle after galloping. It however still boasts an impressive record of 9 wins from 18 starts.
    Given the old mark stood until a mere two months ago, pretty decent effort by a 2yo Whereyoubinaboppin in the last to go .1 of a second under the old mark, or only . 9 over the new mark at Wagga last night.
    Last edited by Messenger; 07-18-2018 at 05:02 PM. Reason: 'off' confused me

Senior Member Colt alphastud will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Richard .
    Occupation
    1300 078 237
    Horses
    TIGER TARA NZ $3,500, LIVE OR DIE USA
    WHEREYABINBOPPIN was super impressive and great for new sire A ROCKNROLL DANCE USA.

It will be interesting to see how other MODERN ART USA mares cross with ARNRD.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Let It Ride's 1.54.8 for 2680m in the Gp1 Blacks A Fake broke the Tk Rec of 1.55

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...18#APM21071801
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    No speed explosion at Cranbourne - looking at the times they run you would think we have gone back a decade and it isn't just today

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...&fromstate=vic

There 3 pacing track records have all been made to look semi-respectable by improved times just this year but overall it is a surprisingly slow track

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/tracks/cranbourne/
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Why are half a dozen C3 class horses contesting the 2 M0 Vicbred Championship heats at Melton on Saturday?
    If they were to win don't they still jump to a C6 class and lose a couple of prospective C wins?
    Or are all their connections thinking they can win both the heat and a somewhat restricted richer final (for want of a better description). A horse that wins a heat and the final is going to be assessed M1 or M2?

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...ic#MXM04081803
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Been 1 win 1 penalty for some time now Kev. If a C3 wins the M0 it becomes an M1 C4 and R+1 to what it's R assesment was going into the race. There are C3s racing in M0s at Gloucester Park all the time.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks Dot, I did not mean to put my question in this thread but here it can stay
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Probably should have been in with short priced favourites Kev. For if that now C4 M1 winner is a mare and connections put a junior driver on it can race as a C2. I think if it goes another ten starts without a win it can drop back with mares concession and junior driver and race as C1. This is what Brenno and Danno have posted about previously.

+ Reply to Thread