Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 86 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed Explosion - Track Records and outstanding times

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    1.53.2 at Ballarat is a serious time
    3yo filly Art of Sheng Li has now won her last 3 starts (a respectable 4th at her first start back in December is her only loss)
    She comes from the very strong dam line of Patrician which includes Thefixer

There are plenty of delights to be found behind the little + boxes in the following link

http://classicfamilies.net/CF/Descen...rseID=10015052
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    On my nostalgia trip still, I read that Tara Meadow was the first horse to break 2.00 minutes in Victoria (1970 TT) and what surprised me was the fact that she did not start racing until she was 5yo - a bit different from these times of speedy 2yo's
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    On my nostalgia trip still, I read that Tara Meadow was the first horse to break 2.00 minutes in Victoria (1970 TT) and what surprised me was the fact that she did not start racing until she was 5yo - a bit different from these times of speedy 2yo's
    A great mare, bold chestnut and one that got me hooked on the trots. Took her record in a time trial at Ballarat. George Gath officially trained her and drove her. She won a heat of the 1970 ID at the Melbourne Showgrounds and made the final. Her son Tara King (by Aachen) was Australia's highest priced yearling when sold at the Wright Stephenson Melbourne yearling sale for $17,000. While not a topliner he was a pretty handy horse for Rex Hocking.

Good memories.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    One of Emma Stewart's second string 2yo's No Motive (no wins from 6 starts) runs 1.54.9 at Geelong, only 0.7 outside the Tk Rec - it is however quite an old record being set 3yrs ago
    She is well bred with mum being a half sis to Courage To Rule ($523k, a Vic Derby and a couple of NZ 2yo Gp1 2nds to Smiling Shard)

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#GEC30102009
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    3yo filly Aldabaran Tess smashed Tornado Valley's Maryborough Tk Rec when she rated 1.57 for 2190m

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...ious-heat-win/
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You have to sympathize with Ron Angel, owner of 2yo Major Angel. His colt has probably run the 2nd fastest time for the card at Shep tonight, just as he did at Yarra Valley last week AND yet all his 2yo has to show for it, is two 2nds
    Gee the 2yo's have been quick this season
    (I am of course aware that in any other year we would be calling them 3yo's now)

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#SPC12112007
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Gloucester Park was on fire last night with Vampiro breaking the track record for 2536 metres in 1:54:1.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Gloucester Park was on fire last night with Vampiro breaking the track record for 2536 metres in 1:54:1.
    The Bull dominates them horses week in week out and if they can run those times how good is the Bull? Very attractive price in offer in Hunter Cup. He is Number 1 seed for mine.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    WOW!

Just turned 3yo, Bondi Lockdown comes out in a 4 horse race at Charlton this morning (yes Morning as they started early to beat the heat)
    AND he wins by 67m and sets a new TK REC for 2100m while rating 1.55

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...21#CHC11012106

His 2nd dam Innocent Eyes boast a Chariots Of Fire among her 18 wins
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Catching up on Magnificent Storm's win at GP on Friday. Pretty dam easy for a run that was only 0.1 outside the Tk Rec

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...21#GPM29012103

ps For a non-punter I was fortunate enough to have a couple of dollars on Bondi Lockdown (previous post) at good odds on Saturday
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread