Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mark Purdon hang your head

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Mark Purdon hang your head

How bad is this drive on the odds on favourite, Escapee in R7 at Addington on Friday night

http://harness.hrnz.co.nz/gas/wa/r/i...rID&Arg=194202

This is the type of drive that will always cost the industry punters/lifeblood
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    A bit quick to condemn here. http://infohorse.hrnz.co.nz/datahr/stipes/110132sr.pdf gives a little more insight into this matter. Perhaps MP was doing the best he could do under the circumstances.
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Escapee features heavily in the Stewards Report Phil but I cannot see any excuse for MP not giving it a chance to win
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO Viv Strangman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Escapee features heavily in the Stewards Report Phil but I cannot see any excuse for MP not giving it a chance to win
    You have got to be joking. Escapee has been driven like that for over 12 months. Why? Because she cannot stay a yard. Use her in a race and she has a habit of stopping or galloping. She is best over a short distance from a mobile where she can do a bit of work and still find the line. She is lining up in the mobile sprint on the first day of the cup carnival but will not line up in the Group 1 Dominion on Show day as its over 2 miles. Hence the decision to transfer her to Australia where there is a lot of mobile sprint racing available in the next few months. Any Kiwi punter knows how she will be driven and knows the risks you face when you do back her. On ability she was yards better than anything else last friday but was still paying over $2 because of how she was going to be driven.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I don't really follow NZ races but watched this one after seeing it discussed on another forum. There it was stated that E was a $1.60 fav so my mistake. Got me beat how a horse with a finish like that cannot be driven in the running line in a 7 horse field even if he is 1x4 - it would have had him chasing down the winner much quicker than having to cut across heels to get to the outside
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO Viv Strangman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    She is a quality mare but just can't do work. Will get left in front every now and then but is yards bettor with one run at them. They have been having issues with her shoeing lately as well. If she makes it to Aussie now be aware that she does have issues.

+ Reply to Thread