Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jamie Hogan The Rock

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Jamie Hogan The Rock

What with some of the far out names, I sometimes think trainers are allowed to make up where they are based but I end up locating it on a map. Tonight at Shep, Jamie Hogan from The Rock won the Race 2. Where the bloody hell is The Rock? I am guessing Hanging Rock but surely the race book cannot use nicknames for locations
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    What with some of the far out names, I sometimes think trainers are allowed to make up where they are based but I end up locating it on a map. Tonight at Shep, Jamie Hogan from The Rock won the Race 2. Where the bloody hell is The Rock? I am guessing Hanging Rock but surely the race book cannot use nicknames for locations
    Roughly About half hour south of Wagga and 45mins or an hour north of Albury. Not far from Uranquinty, ex home of Russell Jack and family. The town has a nice big rock you can walk up, supposedly a great view but I've never walked it.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks Brendan, I must have forgot to check NSW. Cheers
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Hey Breno...isn't Les Johnson from The Rock as well? Must be a good bit of ground out there. He's bred some very, very good horses over the years. I remember one that Les bred and Jack Honan purchased years ago, a son of What's Next they named Joseph Farran. Never really saw the best of him but when he was right, man oh man was he a good horse.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    Hey Breno...isn't Les Johnson from The Rock as well? Must be a good bit of ground out there. He's bred some very, very good horses over the years. I remember one that Les bred and Jack Honan purchased years ago, a son of What's Next they named Joseph Farran. Never really saw the best of him but when he was right, man oh man was he a good horse.
    Yes I think that's right, or close to The Rock. Desirable Guy ran third for him in quick time at Menangle Sat night.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    A better one than Joseph Farran that Les bred was the great Golden Reign
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

aussiebreno
    Might be another star on the way as well. Sold one for 100k IIRC to Rosati at APG sales earlier in year. Off top of my head half brother to Flaming Flutter.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Somebeachsomewhere 1/2 brother to Flaming Flutter. I heard a few months ago that there's a couple of SBSW's showing a heap of potential around South Western Sydney.

+ Reply to Thread