Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Drug Free Racing

aussiebreno

Drug Free Racing

I've heard the thoroughbreds in the USA have made a decision (or there is a decision in the pipeline) to ban drugs within the next five years.

Will USTA (or relevant organisiation) follow suit?

This could mean SBSW and other records will stand for a long time. It was also bring you guys back a level to Aust/NZ.

Member Filly Allan will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Allan Schott
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    I've heard the thoroughbreds in the USA have made a decision (or there is a decision in the pipeline) to ban drugs within the next five years.

Will USTA (or relevant organisiation) follow suit?

This could mean SBSW and other records will stand for a long time. It was also bring you guys back a level to Aust/NZ.
    The runners have not made such a decision yet. The RCI a non-breed specific group has proposed a rule within five years to ban all drugs from race horses. While certain races can have in their conditions banning the use of certain drugs, such as the Hambletonian banning the use of Lasix, it is up to the individual racing states to pass rules outlawing drugs in race horses. The RCI supporting such a rule is important, but not a guarantee it happens.

Hence, other than the USTA passing a model rule outlawing the use of drugs; they have no say over it.
    Interested in Harness Racing? Read View From the Racetrack Grandstand

Real Name
    Allan Schott
    It would be interesting to see if your assessment is correct that American horses drop back to the level of Oz and Kiwi horses.

Member Gelding trotpace will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    The US will not change. Sad but that's what i believe.

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
    It would be interesting to see if your assessment is correct that American horses drop back to the level of Oz and Kiwi horses.
    I don't think they will - there are always people inventive when it comes to bleeders and the bute you can give them at 24 hours isn't the be all or end all either. Otherwise, for an example, Auckland Reactor would have gone over there, with "all those American drugs" and have been beating Zenyatta! lol!

It isn't as much of a free for all with treatment over there as the Aussies/Kiwis think; plus the testing is more rigorous than what we are use to here.

Real Name
    Allan Schott
    Permit me to share the following blog entry: http://viewfromthegrandstand.blogspo...acing.htmlermi

Administrator 3YO admin will become famous soon enough admin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jules Boven
    Occupation
    Marketing Manager
    Horses
    Charge Forward
    Please read the rules before posting.

Harnesslink Marketing Manager

+ Reply to Thread