Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Miracle mile

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit

Thumbs up Miracle mile

Some great racing coming up on the weekend. First up we have The Newcastle Mile and the winner goes straight into the MM. It appears to be a very open race and they should run some serious time if the weathers okay. Beautide appears to be good odds at $7.50 in the early market, His run was super last week. In Victoria we have The Legends Mile and the clash between Smoken Up, Restrepo and Bitobliss should be a cracker. I truly believe that Bitobliss had an off day in the Kilmore Cup and expect him to be back at his best this week. Once again, We should see a great time as they have been flying at Melton recently.

aussiebreno
    Yes great racing this weekend. Anything on over the ditch?
    I'm Victorious has been given an invite.

Not sure where you got $7.50 from re Beautide. I'll take that all day.

Member Gelding littlelenny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    lenny panetto
    Should be some pretty fine racing over the next month or so. Second MM spot up for grabs this weekend in the Newcastle Mile so it should be a ripper of a race. Beautide is my pick although i still think Mach Beauty can be in the finish if driven a little quieter.
    Im thinking
    Beautide
    Field Officer
    Gold Ace or Mach Beauty

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    In the National Trotguide Breno but it's all over the shop with the Odds and selections, It would be nice to get those odds. Haven't had a look at NZ's racing tomorrow night but the Big Guns appear to be racing on Tuesday in the Cup. Christen Me, Carribean Blaster and Terror to Love went around in a trial yesterday and CM bolted in. Not to sure how Carribean Blaster is coming along but he had trouble sticking with CM when the pace went on, Terror to Love just poked around for a bit of exercise and wasn't really pushed. Great to see I'm Victorious get an Invite, He's been going great guns over in the west.

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    I know it was a method that created much controversy and was quite often condemned, but it is nearly an occasion where the entire field could be handpicked by the directors and we would get one almighty race. I realise that theoretically, all the top stars will line up but as I said, nearly a year where the best of the best pick themselves.....Thoughts?

Senior Member Colt G-Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Glen McWilliams
    Horses
    Jewel Castle Diamond Castle
    No matter how it is chosen Fred, those that miss out will still complain.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    I think it is a year where quite a few deserving horses will miss out due to the sheer depth at the top rung at the moment, so saying that Fred, I reckon the current inclusion/qualifying rules ( even though I don't agree with them ENTIRELY) will stop a few arguements.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    The horses I'd like to see in MM : For a Reason, Bitobliss, Smoken Up, Christen Me, Terror To Love, I'm Victorious, Bettors Fire and Suave Stuey Lombo. Other horse worthy of an invite - Chancellor Cullen. Beautide is a question mark, hasn't really raced the likes of the above mentioned but gets his chance in Newcastle Mile although Field Officer is my pick.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Was reading the Trotguide this morning & on Page 3 I noted some of the terrific horses on Newcastle Mile's Honour Role such as Westburn Grant, Our Sir Vancelot, Courage Under Fire, Jofess, The Falcon Strike & so on. It would've been nice if they could have got the name of 3-time winner Sabilize ('94,'95 & '96) right. Her name has a 'Z' in it...not an 'S'.

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Rod, Really like your 1st 6 selections and it would appear like there's only a couple of spots up for grabs and a couple of reserves. Correct about Beautide and he really needs to stand up tomorrow night,but he does have more than his share of ability. Field Officer has been exceptional since coming across the ditch and he's really in the mix for an invite as well.

+ Reply to Thread