Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Miracle mile

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Christen Me hasn't earned his invitation. He should be going around this Saturday.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Terror To Love couldn't win it last year when it was put on a platter for him.

That's another wasted invite for a horse you know is going to be driven negatively.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    Terror To Love couldn't win it last year when it was put on a platter for him.

That's another wasted invite for a horse you know is going to be driven negatively.
    Hi Bob, Glad you never mentioned any name there.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Bob, Have a look at Terror to Love's run on the 2nd of June on the Harness Jewels day, He ran 1.51 and won untouched. Christen Me's form has been indifferent at his last few starts but there's no doubt about his ability.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 11-18-2013 at 06:32 AM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    After a couple more looks at the Restrepo V For A Reason race, I don't think there is a struck match between these two horses. The difference on the night was the exceptional driving ability of G Lang who made full use of the draw, hunting out Mach Beauty to obtain the sit and then not going until he absolutely had to. Restrepo looks to have really furnished into the horse he has always promised to be and is racing like it, but when you have got Gav steering it, well he does have that extra advantage that the other good horses don't. Also assuming FAR gets a spot, how important will barriers be in The Mile? At this stage I am picturing these two drawing away and getting into a streetfight.

Haven't sacked Christen Me yet but his erratic behaviour of late is a concern. His 1.50.5 at Menangle in March still resonates and he did leave Restrepo, I'm Victorious etc in his wake in the Chariots, but just not sure if he is the same horse at present.

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    [QUOTE=broncobrad;28886]After a couple more looks at the Restrepo V For A Reason race, I don't think there is a struck match between these two horses. The difference on the night was the exceptional driving ability of G Lang who made full use of the draw, hunting out Mach Beauty to obtain the sit and then not going until he absolutely had to. Restrepo looks to have really furnished into the horse he has always promised to be and is racing like it, but when you have got Gav steering it, well he does have that extra advantage that the other good horses don't. Also assuming FAR gets a spot, how important will barriers be in The Mile? At this stage I am picturing these two drawing away and getting into a streetfight.

Haven't sacked Christen Me yet but his erratic behaviour of late is a concern. His 1.50.5 at Menangle in March still resonates and he did leave Restrepo, I'm Victorious etc in his wake in the Chariots, but just not sure if he is the same horse at present.[/QUOTE]

More to the point is Restrepo has come a LONG way since that defeat.

aussiebreno
    [QUOTE=Gtrain;28892]
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    After a couple more looks at the Restrepo V For A Reason race, I don't think there is a struck match between these two horses. The difference on the night was the exceptional driving ability of G Lang who made full use of the draw, hunting out Mach Beauty to obtain the sit and then not going until he absolutely had to. Restrepo looks to have really furnished into the horse he has always promised to be and is racing like it, but when you have got Gav steering it, well he does have that extra advantage that the other good horses don't. Also assuming FAR gets a spot, how important will barriers be in The Mile? At this stage I am picturing these two drawing away and getting into a streetfight.

Haven't sacked Christen Me yet but his erratic behaviour of late is a concern. His 1.50.5 at Menangle in March still resonates and he did leave Restrepo, I'm Victorious etc in his wake in the Chariots, but just not sure if he is the same horse at present.[/QUOTE]

More to the point is Restrepo has come a LONG way since that defeat.
    And Im Victorious is still looking for a run.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Grant & Breno, You both have raised good points, Restrepo & Im Victorious have come a long way since March, The question is, has Christen Me???

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    No For A Reason in the Cordina this Saturday night...
    Do connections assume he is in the MM?

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    No For A Reason in the Cordina this Saturday night...
    Do connections assume he is in the MM?
    I reckon he needs to be given a gig.
    Top two from this week go in barring some bad luck etc. Third and 4th from this week prob get emergency spots barring bad luck.

+ Reply to Thread