Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Miracle mile

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Pretty smart drive by Mark Jones as you say Jack, if you take Smoken Up on in Mach beauty's usual racing fashion, there's every chance that you will be burnt. I thought that MB went pretty good the other night and a few of the guys had mentioned previously, that they would like to see the horse driven with a bit of cover or a bit quieter. It was probably the difference between making the final and not for MB.

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Have been following thread with interest and noting the selections.
    A problem has arisen,has some mad butcher chopped a leg off of Terror to Love?
    Appears friendless so I went back and had another look at the N.Z. Cup and sure enough the result was still the same.
    As good a staying effort as was S.Up's Cordina sprint win I rank TTL's effort over 2 miles as good,if not better.
    We know that the MM will be a staying test with SU there and my feeling is that this will suit TTL,provided he is driven with some patience early.
    Am I on the wrong tram here?

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Hi Ron, If you get a chance, have a look at his run on Jewels day (2nd June) over the mile, the quality of opposition is nowhere near as strong as the MM field, but a pretty damn impressive win in 1.51.0. I wouldn't say that your on the wrong tram, as there are lots of chances. I would describe it as a train with 8 carriages and it's just a matter of picking one. There's no doubting his class that's for sure.

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Watched a trial from Menangle yesterday on Trots TV that included Im Victorious & Christen Me, they went around pretty easy and finished off nicely. IV won the trial and CM, after being driven a bit quieter, finished off nicely to run 3rd.

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    [QUOTE= I would describe it as a train with 8 carriages and it's just a matter of picking one.
    Agree,6 live chances,best field for years.At the odds TTL is my go.I would love SU to win but fav. from the 1 not a proposition (IMO) but as Toohard says if he is in front with 50 to go,tune in.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Hi to all.
    What do you guys think the first split will be, & what sectionals will be required to give the other horses a chance of running over the top of the front horses? I pray Smoken Up wins, but i am thinking he really would need a 29sec, second quarter to achieve the win. Your thoughts?
    Cheers

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    1st Quarter will probably be a scorcher in around 26.0, maybe quicker.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    1st Quarter will probably be a scorcher in around 26.0, maybe quicker.
    I agree mate. Just hope he can get a similar second quarter to last week. The second quarter will play a big role. Magical race, can't wait!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    With Trigger on the pole who could keep the lead, or b crossed by Mach Beauty, there is no horse I don't think that will come out looking for the lead and use lots of energy at the start because those 2 will dominate and both be going sub 26. Trigger will want to hold at all costs, and Mach will want to cross. Beautide may come out and see if Mach can cross, and then give up the lead to Beau, but if Trigger holds, Beau is in trouble in the death more likely.
    However if Mach does cross, and He and Trigger get a length or so in front, Lance will pop out and go for the lead. Mach would b silly not to hand up and Beau may still b in the death and as Luke McCarthy said on In The Gig he just wants to land a length or so from the leaders, so 2 or 3 pegs would b fine for him, or one out one back.
    So, if more than likely they are the first 4 running low 1:49 or less, and every other horse is at least 2lengths behind while the leaders are running those times, who the hell is gonna come from behind to run even faster than that?
    Lance said Trigger has more to improve on his 1:49.9 last week and could have gone faster, but will b handle bars down from barrier rise this week, no easing up.

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    Best field I've seen for a long, long time. Luckily I'll get home from work just in time to watch it. Can't wait.

Beautide coming out of 5 battled with Mach Beauty for the lead at Newcastle in a 26.2 first quarter, took the trail and then popped out into the death at the bell and then burnt past at the end of the back straight. He was hardly touched going to the line to win by 8.5m. The first three quarters of the 2 races (Newcastle and Cordina) were very similar. Smoken Up working hard and home in 26.6, Beautide under no pressure home in 29.1. Can Beautide find the extra under pressure? He's coming out of the same gate as he did in Newcastle, this time he has Mach Beauty and Smoken Up inside him.

The records at Menangle for these 2 horses is amazing, we've all heard about Smoken Up's but Beautide has had 13 starts for 8 wins, 4 seconds and a 4th. I've watched all of them(my horse has run against him a few times and my cousins did too.) Courage To Rule had his measure early on but once Beautide had the advantage of the draw he beat him and just continued on improving.

I hope the 3 week break hasn't dulled him a bit.

+ Reply to Thread