Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Miracle mile

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    What are the chances of Mach Beauty actually trying to hold the lead even if he crosses Smoken Up? Suicide?

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Just heard that Mach Beauty isn't going to hand up to Smoken Up, Didn't they learn anything from last weeks run??

Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Exactly my thoughts RP! Surely he(Tritton) cannot be serious... If he is, I believe that is as good as suicide! Good night Irene to Mach Beauty! Insanity!

aussiebreno
    I don't think Lance will swallow that one as easy as you two!

Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    I guess we shall find out tomorrow, but logic must prevail regarding Mach Beauty.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    Just heard that Mach Beauty isn't going to hand up to Smoken Up, Didn't they learn anything from last weeks run??
    After the vastly improved result last week, I think the stewards will be watching very closely if Mach Beauty did try and hold the lead. The pressure will be enormous from SU

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    I've never seen Lance as relaxed as he was last week. Made a big statement before the race and backed it up on the track. Rapt that old Triggers in the race as cracking pace is assured. Tritton's trying to sow the seed of doubt but I don't think Smoken Up is to concerned with Mach Beauty, when it got down to the nitty gritty last week, old Trigger just clenched his teeth and growled at Mach Beauty, so the physiological advantage is with Trigger.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    After the vastly improved result last week, I think the stewards will be watching very closely if Mach Beauty did try and hold the lead. The pressure will be enormous from SU
    Couldn't agree more that they (stewards) should be watching closely. MB has to be given every chance to perform as well as possible and after comparing his previous runs to that of the Cordina performance, he SHOULD be taking a sit. I am just miffed that nothing was said after he handed over to SU......totally unexpected, and probably the main reason the winner started at such long odds. if even thought there was a smidgen of a chance the lead was gonna be there for Lance, some of my $$ would have gone on.
    Last edited by teecee; 11-30-2013 at 06:50 PM.

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    It was a pretty smart drive on Mach Beauty last week, IMO the difference between making the final or being run into the ground by Smoken Up. Before last weeks Cordina, There were probably a few doubters (I was one) on how SU was travelling, he'd been racing well in Victoria from ordinary draws, but get him back onto the big track and it's a whole different ball game. He was astonishing last week and as I mentioned in an earlier post, you should never under estimate a champion and that's exactly what old Trigger is.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Would really LOVE to know what the weather is doing down there right now. Two wks ago my picks were FAR, Christen Me, Beautide. Things have changed. For A Reason still gets it by a nose, Smoken Up 2nd and Christen Me 3rd. But sentiment and respect sways me to Trigger and he will be carrying my dollars and hopes and fair dinkum he will bring the house down if he wins. Go the old champ, you are still a whipper snapper compared to old Double Agent.

+ Reply to Thread