Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Miracle mile

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Sorry for butting in Smoken, but 5 years ago there was a horse running around by the name of BLACKS A FAKE who had some mighty clashes with old Trigger .

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by 2minuteman View Post
    Sat with close friends of the TTL camp on Sat night and word is he will run in the Vic Cup.Desperate to win in Australia.
    According to Mick Guerin "Terror To Love returning to NZ after Miracle Mile shocker, misses Victoria Cup. Connections still shaking head over how poorly he went"

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    How can I forget Richard. Those were great battle royales! Two mighty horses for sure!
    As for ITMQ, he is a rocket, and a Champ, but we all have a ultimate Champ for our own reasons. That is sad regarding TTL. He just hates Menangle!

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    [
    QUOTE=2minuteman;29209]And as my old Grandad used to say"if the dog don't stop for a s**t he catches the rabbit
    are all using times,sits,great drives,age differences,last weeks run,this weeks run,drivers brain snaps,etc.etc.
    It is all conjecture.The facts are SU wins Cordina in 49 and change and Beautide wins Miracle Mile in 50 and change.All the rest is??? see above about dog.
    Thanks for the sanity check Ron, reminded me of what my grandfather used to say " if my aunty had balls she would be my uncle" admire the combatants in this debate for their tenacity and durability but guys.....it is an arguement that you can all win in one moment and lose in a heartbeat, because as Ron said, it's ALL CONJECTURE, anyone who knows anything about horses understands as Vinnie Knight so famously put it " their only HUMAN" what Vinnie meant was of course they are creatures of the world, they can have some days that are better or worse than others.......no explanation required....thats a fact of life.

Cheers,
    Dan

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    Its a shame my old mate Marty "German" Johnson is banned. His famous quote of 3 pegs never wins big races. Oh so wrong again!!! This is on top of his comments with regards For a Reason. I will let others judge your level of intelligence.
    Ash, don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. No matter what type of racing a turn of speed at the end of races wins races. Forget the overall times this means absolutely nothing. Cordina sprint last quarter 26.6, Miracle Mile clocked 26.2. From leader to winner. Beautide runs sub 26. Too fast to good! Smoken Up a champion but just not as quick as he used to be.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    According to Mick Guerin "Terror To Love returning to NZ after Miracle Mile shocker, misses Victoria Cup. Connections still shaking head over how poorly he went"

http://www.harnesslink.com/News/Terr...-Mile-disaster

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    That's a real shame, I was looking forward to seeing him going around in longer distance Cup races.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    For anyone who is interested I have compiled the comparison between Cordina Sprint winners and their placing in the MM.
    These times are the horses personal times.
    2009 Karloo Mick Cordina 1.55.7 MM 3rd 1.50.9
    2010 Washakie 1.50.5 Last 1.51.5
    2011 Mr Feelgood 1.51.1 4th 1.52.1
    2013 (April) Pure Power (2nd) 1.51.8 3rd 1.50.7 (Gaius Caesar scratched)
    2013 Smoken Up 1.49.9 5th 1.51.1

The 2 improvers where Karloo Mick off a slow Cordina and Pure Power who had not started since 3rd March before 20th April Cordina.
    The rest seem to have lost a second week on week.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    They are interesting stats there mate!

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    For anyone who is interested I have compiled the comparison between Cordina Sprint winners and their placing in the MM.
    These times are the horses personal times.
    2009 Karloo Mick Cordina 1.55.7 MM 3rd 1.50.9
    2010 Washakie 1.50.5 Last 1.51.5
    2011 Mr Feelgood 1.51.1 4th 1.52.1
    2013 (April) Pure Power (2nd) 1.51.8 3rd 1.50.7 (Gaius Caesar scratched)
    2013 Smoken Up 1.49.9 5th 1.51.1

The 2 improvers where Karloo Mick off a slow Cordina and Pure Power who had not started since 3rd March before 20th April Cordina.
    The rest seem to have lost a second week on week.
    40% improve time.
    Of those that didn't.
    2010 Washakie difference due to early speed battle in Cordina which he wasn't a part of.
    2011 Smoken Up 1.51.8? 6 months earlier 1.48.5. Something doesn't quite stack up.
    2013 We already been through this.

I don't think there's a strong enough link to pull anything from those stats.

+ Reply to Thread