Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Miracle mile

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Brendan, I agree its a small sample.
    2011 was based on Mr Feelgoods performance. He was a pretty fair horse to use.
    Last edited by p plater; 12-04-2013 at 10:44 AM. Reason: removed wrong comment

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Just read the above article. Is Lance Justice really 77 yrs old??

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    I think Lance is 177 and Trigger 77

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    It was reported on "The Box Seat"...Harness review / preview show on Trackside TV in NZ tonight that the connections of several horses in Saturday night's Miracle Mile (and other races) reported that the Menangle track was TOO HARD for their horses. They reported being told by officials when querying the state of the track that the track was prepared for racing with the likelihood of rain.
    If I am to understand this correctly, the topping of the track was removed so as not to become the sludge often seen at Menangle and Melton on wet racenights.
    When the rains did not come the track was left in a very hard state.

Any comments from those in the know so to speak...

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    I overheard 2 trainers saying exactly that. They said in needed an inch of topping.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    It was reported on "The Box Seat"...Harness review / preview show on Trackside TV in NZ tonight that the connections of several horses in Saturday night's Miracle Mile (and other races) reported that the Menangle track was TOO HARD for their horses. They reported being told by officials when querying the state of the track that the track was prepared for racing with the likelihood of rain.
    If I am to understand this correctly, the topping of the track was removed so as not to become the sludge often seen at Menangle and Melton on wet racenights.

You mean the track isn't prepared the exact same each week and the weather isn't 100% spot on each week, so we can't actually compare time for time from one week to another? Blasphemy!!!

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Not to sure how long it takes the put the topping on, but the cloud that Sydney had was very high and started to break up before mid day and it was extremely unlikely there would be any rain. I guess in hindsight a better option would have been to put 50% of the usual amount on the track in the early afternoon. Fred might be able to give us some feed back on the process.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post

Had nothing to do with me teecee!!

Heard same from trainers. 1 very astute one, who was at the track but didn't have a runner in, picked it up from seeing how much the track conditioner on back of tractor was digging into track (virtually not at all). Well spotted Danno!

Member Filly Boydy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Boyd
    To top dress would probably take between 500 - 800 tonnes of material.

Not something that could be completed 3 hours before a race meeting.

A good couple of days work.

+ Reply to Thread