Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Miracle mile

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    My Beautide query answered - Brilliant. Watched the horse race from the beginning and never thought he would challenge the established stars in a race like the Miracle Mile but this horse and For a Reason are huge threats in the MM, never mind Christen Me.
    Yep, Beautide is gonna be a scary unit in the next year or so, will b very interesting to see what he develops into, could grow into anything at this point. Restrepo awesome, 1:52.8 Gavin never touched him with the whip at all...
    Bitobliss never got out, fully held by driver never released reins at all.
    Smoken Up of course awesome, 3 wide fought as he does, however, can't see him winning at this level unless he leads and still probably will nowadays be outsprinted by the 3horses mentioned above plus For A Reason, Christen Me, Terror To Love.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Bailey & Dean, Have to agree with you that Bitobliss didn't look as sharp as he's been, although he didn't have a lot of racing room and still has a bit of work to do before being considered for the MM. Restrepo is certainly a horse on the way up and after watching the replay a couple more times, Smoken Up's run looks very good after doing it tough but he will struggle against the onslaught of these horses coming through. It's really shaping as the best MM ever and a race of many chances.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 11-10-2013 at 03:28 PM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Bitobliss had no luck at all, was hard held as he crossed the line. It would be a travesty if he wasn't selected and I really think the powers that be should look at his two phenomenal wins a couple of runs back and include him in the field ( no taking the horse to Sydney to run in the preludes). I'm a real fan of Bitobliss but he does seem to run into more than his share of bad luck in races. Deserved as he is I don't think you can select Smoken Up over Bitobliss. Restrepo was very good but had a great run throughout the race, taking nothing away from Restrepo but had Bitobliss lobbed in that position he would have blitzed them. I was really surprised that For a Reason didn't receive the first invite because he has virtually picked himself on his past two wins.

Member Gelding littlelenny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    lenny panetto
    Beautide really stepped up to the mark last night i always expected him to win but not in the manner he did that was really impressive. Restrepo good to see him starting to make his mark he is definetly a grand circuit player, Bitobliss very hard to measure up his run as he never really took part in the race, maybe we will get to see him in one of the MM qualifiers at Menangle. The old war horse Smoken Up was again super just had to do too much work and his old sparing partner Melpark Major tried but hes clearly not up to this level anymore.

Member Gelding Big Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dean mac
    Horses
    Greg The Great
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Bitobliss had no luck at all, was hard held as he crossed the line. It would be a travesty if he wasn't selected and I really think the powers that be should look at his two phenomenal wins a couple of runs back and include him in the field ( no taking the horse to Sydney to run in the preludes). I'm a real fan of Bitobliss but he does seem to run into more than his share of bad luck in races. Deserved as he is I don't think you can select Smoken Up over Bitobliss. Restrepo was very good but had a great run throughout the race, taking nothing away from Restrepo but had Bitobliss lobbed in that position he would have blitzed them. I was really surprised that For a Reason didn't receive the first invite because he has virtually picked himself on his past two wins.
    Rod
    I believe Bitobliss is heading north this week for the qualifiers. As for For A Reason, I think the race conditions are preventing him having an invite already. But he will need to at least race in a qualifying race to gain an entry. He will be the one to beat though.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    I don't ever recall seeing 'Maoris' ever being a smartarse but you can hardly blame him lol. I too needed a bit of convincing about the Tasmanian but last night stamped his class and depth and is in it up to his ears. Dumesny made it patently clear on In The Gig that there are races there ($100K) available to qualify with and he fully expects the prospects to use this path, I mean for goodness sakes the defending champ isn't even in the mix at this stage. I have always admired BOB but he needs everything to go right in a mile like this...and that isn't going to happen. It just wouldn't be the same without SU there, you know he would keep them honest...but for me still it is FAR by a length from Christen Me and Beautide a courageous third in an astronomical time. Have left out TTL he has not quite established himself in Oz and in The Mile that we are looking at, well I cannot see him measuring up (and he was my pick in the last ID)!!!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Coca Cola Amatil Sprint
    The new upgraded Restrepo vs the new very upgraded For A Reason and poor old Bitobliss drawn out at 10!
    Seems a 2horse race to me...FAR wins Restrepo 2nd. Will be a very interesting race to see how it unfolds

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Dredlock Rockstar going over next week for the Cordina Sprint. Going super over here,see how he measures up.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Also noticed Im Victorious winning the Village Kid Sprint a couple of nights ago on the little track at Northam in 1.55 under a strangle hold.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcyone View Post
    We will see how good the WA form is. Will be a race with depth:

SMOKEN UP
    IDEAL SCOTT
    BABY BLING
    ABETTORPUNT (assuming he goes again)
    FLY LIKE AN EAGLE (rumoured to be coming on his way to USA)
    THE GOLD ACE

DEPENDING ON WHO WINS THE COCA COLA:
    FOR A REASON
    RESTREPO
    MACH BEAUTY
    FIELD OFFICER
    GAIUS CAESAR
    PURE POWER
    PUB BLITZ
    MISTER PRESLEY
    BRAVE WIGGY

POSSIBLES BACK FROM NZ:
    CARIBBEAN BLASTER
    SUAVE STUEY LOMBO

OTHER:
    AMAJORJO (EMERG Sat)

There's 19 possibles listed including DREDLOCK ROCKSTAR, there could be others too!
    Amazing depth at the moment, all this with ITMQ out and Excel Stride out as well. Top three from Inter 6 months ago and majority field from Mile 6 months ago might not be there! But the Chariots of Fire could provide a few runners.

+ Reply to Thread