Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Miracle mile

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Bit of rain hanging around Sydney and hopefully just enough to freshen things up. Real good program at Menangle and should be a great nights racing. Disappointed to hear that Philadelphia Man has been scratched but really looking forward to the main race with the clash between FAR, Restrepo and BOB etc and seeing Yankee Rockstar running around on the big track.

Senior Member 2YO Viv Strangman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    The lucky horse at the moment has to be Christen Me. His last three runs have cast real doubt on the ability of the horse to handle the pressure of the Grand Circut. A wild gallop at Ashburton followed by a just passable run on Cup day followed by another wild gallop on Show day badly checking four horses and just about unseating K Gath. Mentally the horse had serious issues when first produced at trials and seems to be returning to his old habits now. If thing get tight at Menangle, whats the chance he will blow to bits again.?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcyone View Post
    We will see how good the WA form is. Will be a race with phenomenal depth:

SMOKEN UP
    IDEAL SCOTT
    BABY BLING
    TERRORWAY
    ABETTORPUNT (assuming he goes again)
    FLY LIKE AN EAGLE (rumoured to be coming on his way to USA)
    THE GOLD ACE

DEPENDING ON WHO WINS THE COCA COLA:
    FOR A REASON
    RESTREPO
    MACH BEAUTY
    FIELD OFFICER
    GAIUS CAESAR
    PURE POWER
    PUB BLITZ
    MISTER PRESLEY
    BRAVE WIGGY

POSSIBLES BACK FROM NZ:
    CARIBBEAN BLASTER
    SUAVE STUEY LOMBO

OTHER:
    AMAJORJO (EMERG Sat)

There's 20 possibles listed including DREDLOCK ROCKSTAR, there could be others too!
    Yes, but realistically you could eliminate about ten of those as being major players.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    As far as the Cordina Sprint goes next week these horses should not be in it : Mach Beauty, Suave Stuey Lombo ( Shane Tritton stated he hoped SSL did Australia proud in NZ. - yeah right), Brave Wiggy, Mister Presley, Pure Power, Pub Blitz, Gaius Caesar, Carribean Blaster ( borderline) Baby Bling (borderline) The Gold Ace. Will have a lot of owners off side but all of these horses performances of late have been below par.
    Last edited by Mighty Atom; 11-17-2013 at 05:41 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    In the MM so far are:
    Im Victorious
    Beautide
    Terror to Love
    Christen Me
    Restrepo
    Have the Directors invited any other horse or horses from last nights racing???
    Last edited by Richard prior; 11-17-2013 at 10:19 AM.

aussiebreno
    I'd have though FAR would have been close to an invite. I seen an article on Restrepo win but nothing on FAR.

Next weeks field would look something like this if they all are targeting.

Smoken Up
    Baby Bling
    Carribean Blaster
    Suave Stuey Lombo
    Bitobliss
    For a Reason
    Lous Lad
    Abettorpunt

These are horses who are past winners, havent had a lead up as in NZ, or horses who ran places from one go in a lead up. Lous Lad prob only Sydney FFAer who hasnt had a crack yet either so he entitled to one. Hard to see horses who got two cracks at a lead up getting another go. Mach Beauty would be first in line.

But last two spots, Depends who coming. Ideal Scott a walk up. Fly Like an Eagle a walk up. That's a full field. But Terrorway surely deserves a crack if he is up and about. Mach Alert deserves a crack as well. Not sure Dreadlock Rockstar will get a gig with the numbers. Gold Ace might get a second crack if numbers fade away. Gaius Ceasar won Len Smith?

On closer inspection, maybe Lous Lad will miss. On form Baby Bling would miss but being defending champ maybe not? Maybe the ones coming back from NZ won't be up for it. Maybe Abettorpunt won't come back up. Who knows.

Well done NSWHRC. A superb format! Obviously helped by current depth and younger stars coming through this season, but now all trainers and the public know where they stand and decisions regarding invites are less grey and more clear.

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Well said Breno, You could probably run another 2 heats with the depth of horses in the mix. I believe that FAR has well and truly done enough to warrant an invite and surely the directors aren't going to make him run around again next week. Not to sure if Mr Stewart is going to bring BOB back up next week as he has a heap of work to do back home. It will certainly be interesting to see the make up of the Cordina Sprint and it's going to be extremely tough for the Directors and their selections.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    I'd have though FAR would have been close to an invite. I seen an article on Restrepo win but nothing on FAR.

Next weeks field would look something like this if they all are targeting.

Smoken Up
    Baby Bling
    Carribean Blaster
    Suave Stuey Lombo
    Bitobliss
    For a Reason
    Lous Lad
    Abettorpunt

These are horses who are past winners, havent had a lead up as in NZ, or horses who ran places from one go in a lead up. Lous Lad prob only Sydney FFAer who hasnt had a crack yet either so he entitled to one. Hard to see horses who got two cracks at a lead up getting another go. Mach Beauty would be first in line.

But last two spots, Depends who coming. Ideal Scott a walk up. Fly Like an Eagle a walk up. That's a full field. But Terrorway surely deserves a crack if he is up and about. Mach Alert deserves a crack as well. Not sure Dreadlock Rockstar will get a gig with the numbers. Gold Ace might get a second crack if numbers fade away. Gaius Ceasar won Len Smith?

On closer inspection, maybe Lous Lad will miss. On form Baby Bling would miss but being defending champ maybe not? Maybe the ones coming back from NZ won't be up for it. Maybe Abettorpunt won't come back up. Who knows.

Well done NSWHRC. A superb format! Obviously helped by current depth and younger stars coming through this season, but now all trainers and the public know where they stand and decisions regarding invites are less grey and more clear.
    Bitobliss is not coming back to Syd next week and Suave Stuey Lombo is having a freshen up.

Handicappers will generally look at form over the last 6 starts. Almost everyone of those mentioned has either won or been placed in Gr 1 company. The 1 exception is Smoken Up. I know it sounds crazy but he is no shoe in to get a start next week. Personally, i would but Im not a handicapper!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Ideal Scott, Fly Like an Eagle, Abettorpunt, Baby Bling, Gaius Caesar, Terrorway, Carribean Blaster. These are absolute definites IMO. The remaining 3 spots to come from Smoken Up, Mach Beauty, The Gold Ace, Pure Power, Field Office, Dredlock Rockstar. I think any others are struggling.

PS - im working on the basis For a Reason doesnt need to go round again

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    Bitobliss is not coming back to Syd next week and Suave Stuey Lombo is having a freshen up.

Handicappers will generally look at form over the last 6 starts. Almost everyone of those mentioned has either won or been placed in Gr 1 company. The 1 exception is Smoken Up. I know it sounds crazy but he is no shoe in to get a start next week. Personally, i woud but Im not a handicapper!
    last 6 is a convenient number for your horse lol!!

+ Reply to Thread