Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NZ Trotting Cup

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit

NZ Trotting Cup

Astonishing performance by Terror to Love after skipping away and losing a heap of ground and still good enough to round the opposition up and go on to win his 3rd Cup in a row. Really happy also for Ricky May who is a true gentleman of the sport and his driving skills really shone through today as a lesser driver might have panicked if placed in the same position. Not a lot of luck for Christen Me(3rd) who was trapped 3 back on the pegs, But this is a risk you take when staying on the markers. Terrific run by Fly like an Eagle to finish 2nd after making most of the pace. It will be interesting to see if the Big Boys from NZ venture across to have a crack at the MM.

Senior Member 2YO Big Max will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ross La Spina
    Breathtaking performance!!! That win had it all,one of the best runs i've ever seen.Just my opinion but i thought that Christen Me got out in enough time to run the leader down or at least catch FLAE.Great race!

Member Gelding littlelenny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    lenny panetto
    They will be talking about that win for years to come, to lose all that ground catch the field come around take the lead and still hold off Fly like an eagle and Christen me. Now thats a true champion.
    Ricky's composure was just unbelievable and every decision he made was just perfect. Thats why he has won so many group 1 races including 7 New Zealand cups.

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    An amazing win and what about the call from Mark McNamara, once more showing why he is the master of the craft....Ricky May, the cups king... Well done all round

Member Filly Boydy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Boyd
    I also agree that Christen Me got out in plenty of time to win the race. On face value maybe a litlle disappointing but the 3200m does not suit evry horse and I think he is a better chance in the Miracle Mile.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Sensational run and a champion drive, Ricky May's assesment of his horse's capabilities was impeccable, timing every move to absolute perfection. Wonderful stuff, I too thought Christen Me had sufficient time to make an impression but he really only made 1 metre on Fly Like An Eagle over the last furlong and had a beautifull trip so IMO was entitled to do a bit more, like someone else said, the 2 miles might not really be his caper just yet.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Outstanding performance from Terror To Love but no doubt 3200 metres is his pet distance. I doubt if Christen Me would have beaten him even if he had got off the pegs earlier.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Have to agree guys, Christen Me certainly had enough time to overhaul Terror to Love & Fly like an Eagle but only took a little ground off them. Terror to Love's personal time would have been astonishing after losing 30 or 40 metres at the start and being 3 wide for a fair part of the trip, maybe around 3.54 for the 3200 metres.

+ Reply to Thread