Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hall Jnrs demolition derby

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh

Hall Jnrs demolition derby

Race 1 at Gloucester Park tonite, Hall Jnr is 3 pegs at the winning post at the bell, his horse not seeming to be pulling at all from what I can see all of a sudden pushes the horse outside him out 3wide, they have a little pushing duel, you can see the sulkys wheels on the outside horse being pushed sideways, horse behind are nearly all checked badly, one driver very nearly falls out, he is totally bumped out of his seat, very lucky, another horse gallops after copping check. All this caused by Jnr. I really don't like this person.
    What if the driver who nearly got tipped out did get tipped out and was badly injured. Wasn't it only 6 days ago a female jockey was tragically killed in a race fall?
    But this is Hall normality.
    The man who has been suspended for hitting another driver with a whip cos he wasn't happy with what happened in a race, seems to have little respect or care for other persons and horses safety, "f**k you! I don't care if I push you over or hurt you or your horse! I need to win this race"
    Nasty behavior.
    Haven't seen driving like that SO blatantly in all of Victoria (apart from Mildura of course with a certain Hall buddy with similar nasty behavior who was also suspended) haven't seen similar driving in NSW or QLD or SA.
    Jnr should be proud, he is pretty much one of a kind.
    In his own league.
    A league that doesn't include the likes of Chris Alford, Gavin Lang, Greg Sugars, D Douglas, McCarthys Dixon and too many others to mention.
    Rack up those winners Jnr, set those records in tiny town over there living in your little bubble knowing that a man is also judged on character, Honour, self respect and integrity.

aussiebreno
    Ah, so that explains why you don't like I'm Themightyquinn!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Ah, so that explains why you don't like I'm Themightyquinn!
    Nuh. Nothin to do with it. Have explained my thoughts/reasons/opinions on ITMQ, that's another thread Brenno.
    If Hall drove Trigger or Caribbean Blaster or Dell Boy!!! I wouldn't hate the horse...

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Ash, Bad Blood between Darryl Douglas and Nathan Jack, have no idea what it's about but they have both been doing some silly things when they have raced each other for a while now. D. Douglas is a class driver and a good bloke and really should be above what ever is going on and concentrate on the job at hand. The young fella is also a very good up and coming driver and should also wake up.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Interesting Ash, the stewards comments make no report on how the horse extricated itself from the rails (because obviously it wasn't the drivers fault), but they can certainly identify all of the horses that suffered interference because of it. This is the sort of behaviour that would lend itself to horses being demoted from their placing if stewards had that option to exercise that power, but (a) they don't have it, (b) the bullying tactics would stop and (c) the stewards would have to identify the incident [which in this case hasn't been done].

By comparison Ash as you co-incidently mentioned Dell Boy, last night at Bendigo in the last, I backed Weregonnarock (Manning) that had a cold sit on Dell Boy (Wells) throughout, I thought on face value my horse got beat fair and square and hit the hay. Checked the account this morning and there was more in it than I thought. Checked the results and there was a protest on that race, upheld. Without any head-on vision its hard to define the actual interference, but if Gary Hall made his living in Victoria he would be in jail for life in comparison to what I can only call the slightest of in-fractions by Wells on Dell Boy.

Different scenarios, different stewards, different standards of officialdom...makes me scratch my head (also must buy a lottery ticket after my small and undue windfall), I feel bad for Wells/Dell Boy.

Replay of that race available on this link http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#BNC15111310

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    I see my post has been removed by an administrator.......fair enough; however in the past any personal attack on a driver, reinsperson or whatever you want to call them has met with an instant rebuke by the panel so how is it they obviously regard Maori's personal slander and vindictive comments regarding Gary Hall Jnr to be valid, an explanation is warranted.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    I don't know what it is that people cant distinguish between the issue and the person. This is another example of someone attacking the person rather than the issue so I will try to explain again.
    As with numerous other threads supportive or critical of drivers like Luke McCarthy, Glen Douglas, Lauren Panella, Mark Purdon and Shayne Cramp to name a few, this thread is about the issue of their driving be it good, bad or indifferent. Members will have differing views on the ISSUE. They are free to express those views whatever they may be about the ISSUE and other are free to agree or disagree. These forums are full of such discussions. Remember the ISSUE in these cases is the drives of the drivers. As long as nothing defamatory is written which may lead to legal action peoples views of drivers and trainers actions backed up by evidence is fine.

In this case Ash put up an opinion about what he saw as an ISSUE. Others agreed or disagreed. Their opinions of the issue remain on the forum. This is consistent with threads about the other drivers aforementioned.
    Unfortunately Rod you saw fit to only attack them personally rather than offer an opinion as to why their opinions on the issue were wrong or at the very least worthy of challenge. Your comment was solely an attack on people from the East coast states of Australia and nothing at all about the issue of G Hall Jr's driving.
    If you don't like what someone writes here then ignore it or offer your opinion on why you think their Viewpoint of the ISSUE is wrong.

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Well it's not as if this is a one off for this bloke. He has form. I think it says more about the stewards over there, than it does about the drive. I still stand by my comments a while back, that there appears to be rules for some and rules for others. Greg Sugars, Lauren Panella and now Hall Jnr, appear to be teflon coated in my opinion. They were incredibly lucky to recieve very light bans for signifigent interference and unbecoming behaviour recently. The Panella case was just bizare! to recieve as little as she did, after being deemed to act in an intimidary manner towards another driver in a race because she had some big drives coming up over the next few weeks was blatantly wrong.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    Interesting Ash, the stewards comments make no report on how the horse extricated itself from the rails (because obviously it wasn't the drivers fault), but they can certainly identify all of the horses that suffered interference because of it. This is the sort of behaviour that would lend itself to horses being demoted from their placing if stewards had that option to exercise that power, but (a) they don't have it, (b) the bullying tactics would stop and (c) the stewards would have to identify the incident [which in this case hasn't been done].

By comparison Ash as you co-incidently mentioned Dell Boy, last night at Bendigo in the last, I backed Weregonnarock (Manning) that had a cold sit on Dell Boy (Wells) throughout, I thought on face value my horse got beat fair and square and hit the hay. Checked the account this morning and there was more in it than I thought. Checked the results and there was a protest on that race, upheld. Without any head-on vision its hard to define the actual interference, but if Gary Hall made his living in Victoria he would be in jail for life in comparison to what I can only call the slightest of in-fractions by Wells on Dell Boy.

Different scenarios, different stewards, different standards of officialdom...makes me scratch my head (also must buy a lottery ticket after my small and undue windfall), I feel bad for Wells/Dell Boy.

Replay of that race available on this link http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#BNC15111310
    Hey Brad I reckon maybe but some lotto, scratchies, drive up to Qld and get some of their Golden Casket, phone a friend in Vic ( PH) and get him to secure some Tatts ticket as well !!, I have never seen a decision like that in my life!!!!! Makes one think maybe there ought to be an appeal mechanism, 'cos that decision deserves further scrutiny based on what you see on the replay, particularly after seeing the after finish stoush between horse and driver in regards to tractability.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Sorry teecee, You're the boss but I disagree with your prognosis. I've read many posts with direct attacks on drivers left as is. I had a another comment removed regarding Ricky May's drive in the Auckland Cup earlier this year - all I said was that it was a disgraceful drive and the post was removed. Maorisidol is well known for his constant attacks on WA harness racing, WA horses, Gloucester Park etc but you let him continue unabated. I notice there are very few Western Australian members on this forum and the ones that are rarely comment - if by any chance you may wonder why, you may very well have the answer as above. Unfortunately I think people in the West review this forum as very eastern states egocentric which is a shame.

+ Reply to Thread