Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Hall Jnrs demolition derby

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Rod, I happened to see your post before it was removed. Whilst we expect WA members to be somewhat bias in their comments and fair enough, when you made reference to eastern states Female drivers, you went too far. This is a sport for both sexes and the tone of your comments made me see red on that point. The success of female drivers over in the east can only help the sport in my opinion.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Sorry teecee, You're the boss but I disagree with your prognosis. I've read many posts with direct attacks on drivers left as is. I had a another comment removed regarding Ricky May's drive in the Auckland Cup earlier this year - all I said was that it was a disgraceful drive and the post was removed. Maorisidol is well known for his constant attacks on WA harness racing, WA horses, Gloucester Park etc but you let him continue unabated. I notice there are very few Western Australian members on this forum and the ones that are rarely comment - if by any chance you may wonder why, you may very well have the answer as above. Unfortunately I think people in the West review this forum as very eastern states egocentric which is a shame.
    Roddy, because of your thick richly red WA blood coursing thru your veins and the subsequent one eyed passionate parochial view of all things WA that you have, unfortunately when anyone (and mostly me I think, which is fine) simply has a different opinion to you, it's all about WA bashing and not about facts, seemingly in your mind.
    TC explained the situation really we'll I thought in that i spoke about Halls actions, which are actual things that happened, which are facts, Rod.
    He pulled out and disrupted a bunch of horses.
    He caused one driver to be actually unseated, who was lucky enough to remain in the cart.
    He caused one horse to gallop cos it was checked in the mayhem and have then no chance in the race. How would you feel if u owned those horses Rod?
    Mate, I was talking facts of what happened.
    I mentioned a fact that he has a rap sheet that involves him hitting another driver with a whip, a fact, and he was suspended for it.
    I mentioned that I had not seen such driving myself in the Eastern states by any of the leading drivers in those states.
    If you can show me any instances where a driver outside WA pushes out like Hall does AND SO often as he does so blatantly I look forward to watching those replays.
    If you can advise me of another driver in Australia who has also been charged with hitting another driver with a whip, I also look forward to u providing me with that info.

It's not WA bashing Rod, it's raising instances of what happened in a race, and....the driver just happened to be someone who seems to do this often, AND I don't see that behavior so blatantly so often outside WA.

If any driver in Vic or NSW or anywhere did the same thing Rod I would be all over them exactly the same, 100%
    Unfortunately for u, it's in your backyard.
    And sometimes in life when you or another person does something wrong and are guilty, he or she, and the followers of that person or that footy team or that political party or whatever need to man up, cop it on the chin and say, "you know what I did wrong, he did wrong, they did wrong, I accept that and acknowledge that behavior isn't right."

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Sorry teecee, You're the boss but I disagree with your prognosis. I've read many posts with direct attacks on drivers left as is. I had a another comment removed regarding Ricky May's drive in the Auckland Cup earlier this year - all I said was that it was a disgraceful drive and the post was removed. Maorisidol is well known for his constant attacks on WA harness racing, WA horses, Gloucester Park etc but you let him continue unabated. I notice there are very few Western Australian members on this forum and the ones that are rarely comment - if by any chance you may wonder why, you may very well have the answer as above. Unfortunately I think people in the West review this forum as very eastern states egocentric which is a shame.
    Now Rod, are u able to give your description of what happened in that race relevant to Hall Jnrs driving at the bell?
    Are you able to describe what then happened behind Hall Jnr after what he did at the bell?
    And then what's your opinion of all of the above actions by Hall and what's your opinion of what happened to the horses behind Hall due to his actions?
    Do you think any penalties should be given out?
    Do you think it was safe driving?
    Do u think the drivers behind him would think his actions were safe?
    How do you think the family of the driver who was nearly tipped out feel?
    Do u think Hall did wrong?
    Do u think Hall is an angel?
    As TC said, u didn't give answers to these questions (apparently, I didn't see your post in response)

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    You never learn do you. Lot of lily livid wooses over there where females are starting to dominate your driving stats.

Rod....
    You may recognise the above quote.
    As you apparently didn't grasp what I wrote previously, Can you tell me and other members how this quoted posting of yours in its entirety, contributes to the discussion of the issue regarding the drive of G Hall Jnr. IMO this is a classic case of attacking the personality rather than contributing to discussion of the ISSUE.

Hence it was deleted.
    And you ask WHY???

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    Rod, I happened to see your post before it was removed. Whilst we expect WA members to be somewhat bias in their comments and fair enough, when you made reference to eastern states Female drivers, you went too far. This is a sport for both sexes and the tone of your comments made me see red on that point. The success of female drivers over in the east can only help the sport in my opinion.
    Nothing against female drivers I was merely stating a fact: per ratio of male to female drivers women are dominating over there. Now let me make another statement without all the political correctness advocates jumping up and down - I doubt if they would be anywhere near as successful in W.A. and that's probably the reason we haven't got any over here. It's having more to say about your male drivers than female.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    You never learn do you. Lot of lily livid wooses over there where females are starting to dominate your driving stats.

Rod....
    You may recognise the above quote.
    As you apparently didn't grasp what I wrote previously, Can you tell me and other members how this quoted posting of yours in its entirety, contributes to the discussion of the issue regarding the drive of G Hall Jnr. IMO this is a classic case of attacking the personality rather than contributing to discussion of the ISSUE.

Hence it was deleted.
    And you ask WHY???
    No teecee I didn't ask why, I said you removed my post and fair enough. But you still haven't answered the context of my question why you allow maorisidol with the continued anti W.A. sniping such as [Quote] ''Rack up those winners Jnr, set those records in tiny town over there living in your little bubble''. I can visualize a lot of W.A. folk nodding in approval with me.

Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Now Rod, are u able to give your description of what happened in that race relevant to Hall Jnrs driving at the bell?
    Are you able to describe what then happened behind Hall Jnr after what he did at the bell?
    And then what's your opinion of all of the above actions by Hall and what's your opinion of what happened to the horses behind Hall due to his actions?
    Do you think any penalties should be given out?
    Do you think it was safe driving?
    Do u think the drivers behind him would think his actions were safe?
    How do you think the family of the driver who was nearly tipped out feel?
    Do u think Hall did wrong?
    Do u think Hall is an angel?
    As TC said, u didn't give answers to these questions (apparently, I didn't see your post in response)
    Gary Hall Jnr............master reinsman, winner of more G1's than any other driver, no need to say anymore, the brilliance of the man speaks for itself.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Stewards delayed the All Clear to view the video.

I know when I was in Perth for ID12 there was a big deal made of the candy pole, I think it's in mid stretch ? as a marker for when a driver can attempt to force another driver wider when it's safe to do so. I suspect the Stewards delayed the All Clear to look at where Hall gave Turvey a shove. I think it was Turvey whom Hall took a swing at a few years ago ?

I'm surprised the Stewards didn't have a word with Chris Butt re his drive on Will Of Iron. If not for a stablemate sitting in the running line do you think he takes the trail ? You betcha !

The disappointing aspect in pretty much 100% of these examples is that's it's always a less established driver being asked to be the Donkey. It's the driver that cops it, if it's a young bloke or lass following instructions, go after the trainer. Established drivers want no part of it. It's a risk to their livelihood.

If you're a fan of Karma ... Hall's over aggressive drive on a heavily supported Code Red turned sure victory into defeat. He got locked away in the FFA and the Stewards queried the drive. He lost the last race on protest. If you've not seen the last, take a look. That looked dangerously obvious.

Chris Butt (Will Of Iron) had his charge in the feature in behind Nowtizki before it broke up.

What goes around comes around.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    The comment re Lauren Panella being a protected species, are you kidding ?

I can't remember seeing a driver have their drives scrutinized by stewards as much as she does.

Something isn't right there. Perhaps the trainers she mostly drives for...

Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Gary Hall Jnr............master reinsman, winner of more G1's than any other driver, no need to say anymore, the brilliance of the man speaks for itself.
    Rod I asked u about 10 questions about primarily, and let me highlight this so u don't miss it.......THE INCIDENT.....and u cannot seem to answer one of them.

All u do is comeback with your above quote about how good he is from what he has achieved statistically.

It's like u are blind to what he did and can't admit he can do anything wrong.

TC asked u to answer the question (about the incident) also but u seem to not be able to.

+ Reply to Thread