Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Smoken Up the best Miler Ever

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin

Is Smoken Up the best Miler Ever

After watching this freak of a horse at 11 do what he did tonight in 1.49.9, is he the best ever or is there another from years past before I started to follow the sport.

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    Bailey,
    Double Agent won a MM at 13 but it would be hard to find any pacer that has dominated the distance the way Smoken Up has, especially at the 1609m.... two MM (could well be three after next week) couple of Len Smith Miles, 2 sub 1.50.0 wins.... He truly rates as one of the all time greats and whilst I often ponder how fast Popular Alm might of gone on a track like Menangle, for now I couldn't think any horse before Trigger is able to match his record

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Fred, another top call tonight to add to the theatre of it. I hope they get a big crowd next week....its going to be a quick one. Lance said tonights run will top him up.
    You better practice calling faster.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Guys in my humble opinion, Smoken Up well and truly has hit the legend status with that win last night, you can never fairly compare horses from different eras, but old trigger has the tenacity of Pure Steel, the brilliance of Popular Alm, the grit of Westburn Grant, the genuineness of Blacksafake and the durability of Paleface Adios, as I said, after that run last night I personally reckon he has earned the legend status, gee it was a thrill to watch and he is going to give next weeks race one hell of a shake, to be honest I reckon if he leads and reproduces that effort, there is not a horse in the race that will get by him, and I am a big fan of Beautide, who I reckon he is a rising superstar but another run like that from trigger and it will take an unbelievable effort to run him down.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Totally agree Dan, He's all of the above rolled into one and a true legend of the sport. As you said, If he leads I think he will be very hard to run down. The other horses and drivers will need to bring their 'A' game and Smoken Up really put the cat amongst the pigeons with that run last night. I'm pretty sure that a few of the other trainers might have discounted him as a threat and it's all going to come down to driving tactic's. If you let him lead and leave him alone, he will run fractions that should take the sting out of the back markers. It's going to be interesting to see who's brave enough to take him on, that's for sure. Have no doubt that that it will take a Supersonic time and performance to beat old Trigger.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 11-24-2013 at 11:02 AM.

Member Gelding littlelenny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    lenny panetto
    Bailey I remember Tappy said that a while ago on in the gig and after last night i think he probably cemented that title fair and square. 11 years of age wide draw breaks 150 and does all the work he definetly is one special animal.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Some time ago I stated that there wasn't much'' Smoken Up '' left in those old tyres, well, I am happily eating my humble pie. As I said to Paul ( Toohard ) that he would shake the life out of the Cordina and I could't believe the starting price. The best miler ever and without a doubt if any horse deserves to win an unprecedented third Miracle Mile it's Trigger. By the way , hope you had a great night up at Menangle last night Paul, I'm sure that goes without saying.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Some time ago I stated that there wasn't much'' Smoken Up '' left in those old tyres, well, I am happily eating my humble pie. As I said to Paul ( Toohard ) that he would shake the life out of the Cordina and I could't believe the starting price. The best miler ever and without a doubt if any horse deserves to win an unprecedented third Miracle Mile it's Trigger. By the way , hope you had a great night up at Menangle last night Paul, I'm sure that goes without saying.
    Couldnt get there last night Rod. Had something on. But nothing stop us being there next week. Cut long story short..last night stuck in chinatown melbourne. Couldnt find TAB to watch. So rang home and got me son to call race over phone. I in laneway in Chinatown yelling head off. Sons call of race just magic as u can imagine. Got some very strange looks. When got back inside didn't get asked who won. Think could tell for some reason. Bags packed. Accomodation booked. Go Trigger!!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Most definately the best miler we in this country have seen IMO. I think we will see a new Australasian record in MM providing the weather holds up, and the winner will be For A Reason i think.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    11 Years old runs Track Record at Ballarat tonite 1:53.1
    Best ever Miler? Yes.
    Restrepo disappointing was pushed by Gavin in straight and actually lost ground as he sat on Triggers back.
    Keeyang Cullen Huge sitting in the death as he came out and pushed Trigger in a 26 something 1st quarter.

Closed Thread