Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is Smoken Up the best Miler Ever

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Have to agree with all your comments Lenny, Smoken Up really suits Lance' style of driving, Handlebars down and I guess we will never know if the horse could have achieved his lofty feats if driven differently.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Maybe the sport needs both - we have to get rid of the maggots. I wonder whether half the big boys aren't cheats. Had a well known racing identity say to me that harness may not exist in a few years (no doubt partly stirring me) but maybe as a hobby enthusiasts sport it would be cleaner.
    Hi Kevin,
    Agree with every word you said there. I'm a cynical person by nature and when I see huge improvements in racing performances (one horse I could name but won't of course) and generally trained by one of the ''big boys'' I'm left more than wondering. I think your racing identity friend has a pretty good insight with regards to harness racing not existing in a few years (personally,I'll give it about 10) and if it does survive it will exist in a much reduced state. I hope this is not the case but when greyhound racing has overtaken harness racing for the punting dollar you have to worry for the future of the sport.

Member Gelding littlelenny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    lenny panetto
    He definitely a warrior who still loves going to war and IMO Lance is probably the best man for the job. Love watching him race and when he does hang up his gig he'll be missed. Along with Blackie and Quinny he's played a major role in bringing the crowds back to the track.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    I see he's entered on Fri night in the Sokyola Sprint. Has me wondering why not Menangle on Sunday in the Len Smith?? Can anyone shed some light?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    ? Because he was unable to win a C7+ at Kilmore on Saturday?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Greg Hayes ‏@GregHayes78 7h Smoken Up won't race at Menangle in the Len Smith. Trainer Lance Justice says he is one run short of being at peak fitness.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Don't be knocking him. He had good opposition in C7+ at Kilmore Saturday. And gave us a huge buzz. We the 2..he the 7... AWESOME!!!
    Attached Images

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Don't be knocking him. He had good opposition in C7+ at Kilmore Saturday. And gave us a huge buzz. We the 2..he the 7... AWESOME!!!

Great photo Paul, one to cherish.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Paul, from your photo he does look a bit big, what was he like in the flesh.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    I'm spewing he isn't in the Len Smith mile, but if he's not at his peak fitness, which I actually didn't think he would be after a short little break, no point racing him against the likes of Beautide and FAR etc.
    What will he do from barrier 8 @ Melton?
    What a shitty draw, and he has CP to contend with, as well as a few other good sorts!
    Last edited by Smoken; 04-22-2014 at 11:41 PM.

Closed Thread