Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Blackie draws 2 - rest of Aussies draw poorly for both Inter Dominion Grand Finals

Senior Member 2YO Duane Ranger will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Duane Ranger
    Occupation
    racing journalist

Blackie draws 2 - rest of Aussies draw poorly for both Inter Dominion Grand Finals

"It's a conspiracy," joked the New Zealand Metropolitan Trotting Club's chief executive officer, Shane Gloury. The former Aussie made that light hearted comment to Harnesslink after all of the Australians - barring four time champion Blacks A Fake - copped bad draws at the 2011 Inter Dominion barrier draw harness racing function held at Alexandra Park tonight (Monday April 4).

Read the full story here.....

http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=88321

Member Filly eljay will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lloyd Jury
    Occupation
    Retired
    Well, sorry Shane but they drew their own positions! Duanne - in what order were the draws made ? Alphabetical? Most qualifying points? Visitors first?

Senior Member 2YO Duane Ranger will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Duane Ranger
    Occupation
    racing journalist
    Eljay;

Top qualifier had the first draw. Bottom qualifer had the last marble.

Duane.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    I made a statement on a previous blog that the only Aussie in the two heats that did not have a good draw was Blacks A Fake and where does he draw in the final - 2. Smoken Up also has a good draw - how many favours does this horse want ? I don't care if they did draw their barriers themselves, I'm still suspicious. However, I do not begrudge Blackie's good draw and good luck to him in the final.
    Last edited by Mighty Atom; 04-05-2011 at 10:13 PM.

nat
    Here here Mighty Atom love to see a 5 times winner by his name

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Hi Nat, It would be nice to see Blacky win for the horse and Natalie because she's such a gracious and humble person. I hope I'm wrong but I fear he might not run a place. I think the winner will come from Smoken Up or Mr Feelgood. Unfortunately ITMQ has got a "snowball's chance in hell" from that horror draw.
    Last edited by Mighty Atom; 04-05-2011 at 10:12 PM.

Flashing Red
    Blacks A Fake by this weekend would have run in 6 Interdoms - and led in 5!

Junior Member Yearling Ziggy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Amanda Branch
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    Blacks A Fake by this weekend would have run in 6 Interdoms - and led in 5!
    Blackie gets the nice draws in the finals thats for sure, still an amazing animal though.

Blacks a fake Interdominion Draws
    2006 no 3 Tasmania ,
    2007 no 8 Globe Derby,
    2008 no 6 Victoria
    2009 no 1 Gold Coast
    2010 no 3 Menangle

Member Gelding Village Kid will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Craig Kavanagh
    Occupation
    Finance
    I know he didn't lead in Sydney last year or here in Adelaide in 2007 , made a move about a lap and a quarter from home and got to the death very easily, I really thought McCarthy on BGJ wouldn't give the death up at that stage of the race. Teriffic drive by Rasmussen.

In fact all 5 drives have been spot on - how about in Melbourne when she forced Lance to concede the lead! How often does that happen?

Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    I can visualise Blacks A Fake leading but in no way holding it . I think this time the lead is Smoken Ups for the taking. Blacks a Fake going to the lead Smoken Up moving through and Natalie handing up to Lance and there they sit 1 & 2.

+ Reply to Thread