Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Blackie draws 2 - rest of Aussies draw poorly for both Inter Dominion Grand Finals

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    I still think that the draw for an interdom, especially one ran with three heats, should be chosen by the trainers in order of qualifying. Most points picks their barrier first, second gets second pick and so on. Makes the heats a more interesting process also. Rewards consistency and effort. Sure we may have a shorter favourites than normal but certainly the best three or four horses will all definately have their chance.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Blacks A Fake will be very hard to beat from there, i seen him is the stabling area after the race and Nat said he pulled up great. The other horse i had a good look at was Mr Feelgood and he also handled the run good and i don't think the back line will be to bad for him.

triplev123

Dexter & SS to carry my cash

I'm walking away from the favoured crew and backing the upset in this one and I think it's going to be Smiling Shard. There was so much to like about his effort last time out, I bet it topped him off nicely & evens that Cran will have him asolutely Cherry for his assignment.
    One thing I will say though, old mate BAF has A WHOLE LOT more gate speed than anyone ever seems to give him credit for.

Member Gelding Village Kid will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Craig Kavanagh
    Occupation
    Finance
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    I can visualise Blacks A Fake leading but in no way holding it . I think this time the lead is Smoken Ups for the taking. Blacks a Fake going to the lead Smoken Up moving through and Natalie handing up to Lance and there they sit 1 & 2.
    Wow thats a big call Mighty Atom, I'd be stunned if Natalie handed up under any cicrucmstances..Smoken Up leads he just wins. I think Blacks a Fak will lead, and Lance will be happy to sit parked and control the race from the death.

I remember my namesake Village Kid handing up the lead in the 1985 Inters to Preux Chevalier, the next time he handed up the lead was (begrudgingly) to Westburn Grant in the 1990 WA Pacing Cup. It sort of signified the end of an era, the passing of the torch, like an acceptance that Willie was no longer the top dog...I just can't see BAF willing to hand up his crown just yet. He might not win, but he'll lead all the same (in my humble opinion.)

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    I don't think Nat/B.A.F will hand up to Lance and Smoken Up, when looking at B.A.F runs they have been super and he is getting better each time going this way and Nat said it will take a couple of run's to get him to peak fitness again and use to this way of going. I don't think people are giving this horse enough credit in this series.

Member Filly tyson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Tyson Jones
    Horses
    Scrap Art, Shezarascal, Franco Torro
    Blacks a fake to lean and Smiling Shard to sprint over the top some how!!!!

triplev123
    I think Smiling Shard improved a heap from the 1st round of Heats to the 2nd round and if he improves as much again for the Final he will be right in it...and @ no less than $17 fixed odds NSWTAB. Maybe he can be secured for an even better price elsewhere? Probably can but I haven't looked.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Hi Village kid, you could very well be right. I was thinking BAF handing up to Smoken Nat gets a lovely cart up and knowing that at some stage Mr Feelgood is going to make a move to put a bit of pressure on SU. Blacky doesn't spend a penny and gets the last crack at both of them via the sprint lane. There again it could leave them all sitting ducks if TMQ isn't to far back in running. Nothing like being a lounge chair driver.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Hi triplev,

I had picked Smiling Shard to run second in my early tips but by gee you'd have to be an intrepid punter to back something to beat the four main Aussie chances.

Administrator 3YO admin will become famous soon enough admin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jules Boven
    Occupation
    Marketing Manager
    Horses
    Charge Forward
    I'm curious as to how everybody thinks TMQ factors into all this. You folks don't think he can get there from that draw?
    Please read the rules before posting.

Harnesslink Marketing Manager

+ Reply to Thread