Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Blackie draws 2 - rest of Aussies draw poorly for both Inter Dominion Grand Finals

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I'm curious as to how everybody thinks TMQ factors into all this. You folks don't think he can get there from that draw?
    If BAF hands up than Smoken Up should be winning. If BAF holds out than ITMQ should be winning imo. ITMQ deserved favourite though and the best horse in the race; just needs better than average luck but if he gets it he is head and shoulders above anything else atm. Devastating sprint

nat
    He is the horse to beat he has won with ease from 3 back on the rail one out with a trail and from the back of the pack he has now come of age. They are not going to walk in this race and that would be his only fear for mine

nat
    Would love for Blacky or Smoken Up but ITMQ is going a treat and should win.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    BAF cannot win unless she hands up to Smoken Up. Tah\\hat is her best chance. Otherwise SU will attack and attack and set it up for Mr F or ITMQ.

I am pretty confident she will hand up

nat
    Hi Mightymo

Its hard to judge as we have never seen Blacky in this way never would you have thought of Blacky handing up until several month ago and his health issues. I would think she will hold the lead and I think Smoken Up or Mr Feelgood would be happy to cruise in the death without pressuring for the lead that might cost them if Nat doesn't want to make it easy. There are allot of questions has Nat been foxing she has not gone out to make any statements on the track he hasn't been flogged during the series what will happen ??? Its going to be one hell of a final one for the age I hope

Pacers Final

ITMQ (That high speed sprint makes him a danger from anywhere any position)
    Blacks A Fake (Coming right at the best time and top draw, 3 wide last week must have run a 55 half and was storming home after being stalled by Washakie)
    Smoken Up (Possibly the best conditioned horse in the southern hemisphere for the level of racing)
    Mr Feelgood (Should have a broken heart after getting wind chill from ITMQ last week always a chance hasn't been knocked around in the heats can win from anywhere)

Trotters Final

Let Me Thru (What else can you say about this horse he just knows how to win)
    Sovereignty (Disappointing last race has best of draws to make a race of it)
    Stylish Monarch (Consistent and good draw)

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Hi triplev,

I had picked Smiling Shard to run second in my early tips but by gee you'd have to be an intrepid punter to back something to beat the four main Aussie chances.

As silly as it sounds I don't tend to consider the odds to any great degree when I bet. I just do it on gut feeling. I think 2 or 3 of them might well cut each other up early on and continue through the middle stages & that'll leave them wide-open in the stretch. Evens Lance gets himself forward early and pounds Nat if she holds up & I think she will lead & hold because she really has no other reasonable option. If she lets Lance Smoken Up go she gives away all hope of a BAF Fairytale. At this stage of his career I don't think he can take a cover trip and sit sprint them ala ITMQ, so BAF has to lead and to be a real winning chance...and as I said, it's no risk that Lance is coming, you can bet on that like the Sun rising in the East and setting in the West. I think it'll be a knock down drag out race & that's why my quinella is going to be Smiling Shard & ITMQ...I'm not brave enough to try an Exacta in that order.

Member Gelding Village Kid will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Craig Kavanagh
    Occupation
    Finance
    Oops..think I said "I just can't see BAF willing to hand up his crown just yet. He might not win, but he'll lead all the same (in my humble opinion)"
    Apologies Mighty Atom, you were 100% correct!!!

Things were looking good, I had Stylish Monarch place only at $3.20 in the Trotters Final, and Mr Feelgood $6.50 and $2.00 in the Pacers Final, basing that on his ability to get to the breeze first, then hand up to Smoken Up and get the perfect 1:1 cover for the last mile...was prematurely patting myself on the back with a lap and a half to go, then Smoken Up strolled to the front. Race over.

Great race all the same, a well deserved victory for Lance and Smoken Up, big effort to hold off Imthemghtyquinn gallant in defeat, and congratulations to Natalie Rasmussen and Blackie, 4 wins and 2 placing in 6 Grand Finals...remarkable. Obviously not the Blackie of old, but gallant as always. 1, 2 3 Aussies.

Hope others read the race better than I did!!
    Last edited by Village Kid; 04-08-2011 at 11:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Member Gelding Village Kid will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Craig Kavanagh
    Occupation
    Finance
    btw just watching the beginning of the race a couple of times and ITMQ landed in a good spot around midfield..looks like Gary Hall Jnr may have been responsible for 2 horses galloping in the process.

Be interesting to see what others think.

Flashing Red
    Blackie is really begining to wind down - 12 months ago he sat 3 wide the last lap at Menangle to win. I guess it was inevitable that he would wind down in the end - its just after his last Interdom win I thought he would have still been quite dominant for at least another 12 months. Well done to Lance and Trigger, a well deserved win regardless

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    I was happy I decided to go up for the final. Great Feild, great race and great result. Well Done Lance and Trigger. Actually found myself cheering for them as they closed on the line. Now I have to go all the way to Perth next year.........Bring it on.

+ Reply to Thread