+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Menangle Friday

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker

Menangle Friday

8 races 54 horses.

I was thinking about driving the 2 hours from the City into rural NSW but I think I'll pass

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Bankstown on Saturday might be a better option.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    Bankstown on Saturday might be a better option.
    The last time I went to Bankstown Franco Ice sat outside Westburn Grant and beat him. Definitely in the top 10 greatest races of all time IMO.

Member Gelding broco will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    monique parsons
    Occupation
    trainer/driver
    Horses
    cullens moose, somart, ladybird
    whats the go with lack of numbers? you would think everyone would have horses back in by now, is it the programming that needs looking at? all our nsw horses are being lost to every other state by the looks of it.
    I know we have a c2 that we are now struggling to find suitable country races for, got asked to ride in the monte at banktown and when noms were so light on (and had to be extended just to get a meeting for truer night) we decided to put him in there and take him for the 4 hour drive with us, bit out of his capabilities but its a start and better to race than hopple up here at the moment.
    Surely when the number one track isn't getting the noms, and meetings with a group one on the card need to extend to get a meeting, something has to be looked at? well you would think anyway, owners need incentives/reasons to leave their horses going up in grade here in the state rather than shipping them out, I know they seem to be working on keeping 2 and 3yos in the state but they soon get older and go up in grade, then what? they get sent to qld or sa and nsw cant get field numbers

aussiebreno
    I think with a number of metro horses racing week to week over course of Nov many have been given a week off at the same time.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Numbers are down just about everywhere in NSW at the moment as far a I can see, which is quite unusual for this time of the year, not sure what is causing this to happen, hopefully it's only a blip.

Member Filly Boydy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Boyd
    Unfortunately I think field sizes in general around the country are not as strong, as would be hoped.

I think the grading and handicapping system in general need to be looked at, to try an get more longetivity out of the horses we have at our disposal.

I am desperate to see some facts with regards breeders incentive etc. and if it has had any impact on numbers of horses bred. I personally think it will have very little impact. Even if it does have an impact it is going to take at least 4 years before we see any changes in horse numbers.

Senior Member Colt djgood will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    David Goodhand
    Occupation
    trainer
    Horses
    Couple of squaregaiters
    There are no worries getting trotters races at the moment maybe the prize money break up for trotters encourages racing your horse as its earning money no matter where it runs where a Pacer seem to have to pick and chose a bit to find a suitable race then if you run worse than 4th your losing money

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    Small fields must be in part due to the same horse pools providing meetings on Monday Tuesday Thursday Friday Saturday at Menangle, Penrith Bankstown and Newcastle.....

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Just had a quick look at some figures for this weeks racing starting with Bankstown last Monday. Approximately 51 races consisting of 413 horses(51 Races)at an average of 8 horses per race. The meetings are: Menangle(2) Bankstown(2) Newcastle(2) Penrith(1).

+ Reply to Thread