11. Beautide
    12. Abettorpunt (emg)
    13. Christen me

The draw really opens up the race.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Very good draw for Trigger! Was someone offering odds of 1000-1 for Trigger

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Harold Parker Smoken. Mah Sish a little lucky to get a start over Abettorpunt, Victorians have drawn well.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 12-10-2013 at 06:05 PM.

aussiebreno
    I'll give you 8 -1 about Trigger?

Great race, can't wait.

Just a couple things on early odds.

Restrepo a definite winning chance but too short for mine. I had him $6.50. TAB got $4 fav. If does get lead, will have Trigger putting pressure. Won't get easy time of things and you'd think one of Beautide, Christen Me or FAR can get a nice cart up and run past him if enough pressure is put on. If he ends up running line with the amount of moves he will be on level playing field with Beautide, Christen Me and FAR so to take $4 just too short. Plus if Restepo in running line it means Bitobliss getting a charmed run.

Smoken Up too short. $6 is crazy after being comfortably ran down by 4 horses in the Miracle Mile that all line up here. A) Will have more pressure on this race if he does lead and B) If he death seats its a tougher run than Menangle and he couldn't win there.

Carribean Blaster too short at $9. I was on him when he won last year but don't think he is going quite as well this year. He did make some ground 3 wide in a 26.7 third quarter at Cranbourne so had excuses but he never looked like challenging. Just sort of ran on ok. Good draw on paper is irrelevant, won't be challenging for early lead because it will do a Blucolla Tigerpie in the Trueur, will end up 1-1 or 1-2. So will either get stuck in the running line a lap out or have to head the three wide line last week, and not sure how he go giving Beautide, Christen Me or FAR a cart into it. They peel off his back and catch ya later.

Bitobliss overs. I had him at $4.50 but got $7. He has never brought his best to the big stage but we know his times around Melton and the way he does it put him up there with the best. The 1.55.4 effort three wide from the tail 4 starts back wins this from the draw. The Kilmore run was one of his common WTF runs before he was never in the race the Legends. He ran on great last time out and from the draw. Trials seem to be ticking on ok. He usually sits out of the early speed battles but thats due to not getting draws, so not sure how he will go if an early speed battles arises but willing to take punt at $7.

I think with no Blacks a Fake, Smoken Up at his best from 2-5 seasons ago, or ITMQ there isn't a horse in Aust that can win from anywhere at this level and you back confidently from any draw. Maybe Beautide can, but not willing to take $5.50 when he is untested at anything other than a mile at this standard. Christen Me was looking like he would become that horse 6-12 months ago but doesn't seem to have progressed to that point yet. With this in mind is why I have settled on Bitobliss, I think a good run will be crucial in determining the winner in such an even field and from that draw he has the best chance at getting the best run in the race.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Mah Sish gets a start over Abettorpunt ? that's stunning.

Having had the odd conversation with a Handicapper or two and various administrators, I'm convinced now more than ever that the majority of them are clueless when it comes to form.

I thought the mob in NSW were bad : )

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    and Yes, Smoken Up is indeed 1000-1 in this race. He has zero chance. Likewise, Bitobliss ... well unless you're the VHRC Handicapper or Administrator. They think it's it 2010 : )

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    and Yes, Smoken Up is indeed 1000-1 in this race. He has zero chance. Likewise, Bitobliss ... well unless you're the VHRC Handicapper or Administrator. They think it's it 2010 : )
    You'll no doubt eat your words Bob? On face of it you probably right. But that not why we go to watch every week. We don't bet. Just go watch and cheer for the brave ones. Reckon 100ms out we still be yelling.. Go Trigger!!!

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    You'll no doubt eat your words Bob? On face of it you probably right. But that not why we go to watch every week. We don't bet. Just go watch and cheer for the brave ones. Reckon 100ms out we still be yelling.. Go Trigger!!!
    Not to sure what you will be cheering when Daisy gets the footy I'm still undecided myself.

I'd love to be at Melton and hear the place erupt should Smoken Up salute!

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Good on ya Paul, That's what it's all about, The love of the game. Bob needs to give himself an uppercut. How quickly some people write off a very good horse?? Look, he might not win but there's every chance he will run a very good race. One thing is for certain, with Smoken Up in the field, there will be no loafing.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Daisy?? FFS!! Gave up on them when they canned B Ratten.

Told my young bloke many tales of brave ones on our treks. None will match what Trigger done and he seen. Just will not happen. Very, very happy he seen it. No disrespect any other horse.... but to us THE KING OF HORSES.. Go Trigger!!

+ Reply to Thread