Thread: Victoria Cup

Member Yearling Shannon will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Shannon Lee
    did anyone clock christen me last 800?

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    did anyone clock christen me last 800?
    No point. Whatever it was will undersell him given got dragged back a length and lost momentum, was wide, and still had petrol in the tank!

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    Congratulations to FAR, CB & CM. Now tell me, has Smoken Up simply had enough of racing due to his age, or did something happen to him last night? He just stopped! Will Lance take him to SA after that run?
    I hope he is ok health wise and gives the SA cup one last crack! I absolutely love Trigger
    Smoken Up went to war with Lance Justice' ego and the latter won convincingly. He was carved up.

The race panned out exactly as expected. For A Reason looked the winner a long way out. $15 for a horse of his caliber with Australasia's best big race driver aboard was a gift.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    Congratulations to FAR, CB & CM. Now tell me, has Smoken Up simply had enough of racing due to his age, or did something happen to him last night? He just stopped! Will Lance take him to SA after that run?
    I hope he is ok health wise and gives the SA cup one last crack! I absolutely love Trigger
    Yes, something did happen to him last night, he was crucified.
    As if Gold Ace was gonna give up the lead after leading and winning at Cranbourne!
    Crazy. Sad really...
    Hopefully he has a freshen up, goes to SA and wins and then is retired on a high.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Just read stewards comments

pre race swab, gate speed, hung in, outside leader at bell, pulled hard, vets examination after race, quer driving tactics

Hope the Champ wins his 5th S.A Cup as well

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Bitobliss outclassed. Very disappointing given his cushy run.
    Wartime Sweetheart, "won" it's way in, shouldn't have been in in my opinion.
    Caribbean Blaster, awesome, massive run. Great summer coming up.
    Restrepo carried back by Trigger lost momentum was coming again.
    Smoken Up, shoulda sat quiet in the death, I reckon Lance regrets his decision to challenge so hard.
    I'm Victorious, was out the back, making a run on home turn, got squeezed by Terrorway who hung in, Johhny McC gave IV a nice elbow and put him off balance, looks like he ran into Restrepos wheel, galloped.
    The Gold Ace, top run, he's definitely a new horse in the McCarthy stable.
    Mah Sish, Anthony says not himself, correct.
    For A Reason, super drive great victory.
    Terrorway, ok for him, I think 2200m too short for him against these, was coming home ok after home turn bump and driver suspended. Another 200-400m and he's a better horse I reckon.
    Beautide, great last 400 would have been quick, simply too far back
    Christen Me, my run of the race. at the 400 was looking at the back of Rattrays helmet and beat him to the finish, super. If he wasn't 4-5 wide on the turn and of course closer, he wins hands down.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps

Thumbs down

Looking at the replay a few times over, I have to agree that the drive was madness.. If it was 2-5 years ago then Trigger could have handled it, but now that he is 11 not a wise move!
    Very disappointing! Bitobliss went shocking! Seems to run a few good races a season and that's it.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Agree with Bob's comment, That was a crazy dive and Lance gave Smoken Up zero chance off winning the race by attacking The Gold Ace instead of just sitting in the breeze quietly and attacking a bit closer to the home turn. We have spoken for a little while now how SU will struggle against these horses coming through, FAR,CM and Beautide etc and last night really confirmed that. The nice big lush paddock awaits SU now and good luck to him if he is well enough to compete in the SA Cup but can't really seeing him worrying these other horses now. PS: congrats in tipping FAR Bob, that's a nice little Xmas bonus.

Real Name
    Ash Singh
    FOR A REASON last 800 54.36 last 400 26.84 LAST MILE 1:53.32
    CHRISTEN ME 53.95!!!!!!! 26.32 1:52.7
    BEAUTIDE 54.26 26.61 1:53.12
    TERRORWAY 54.92 27.25 1:53.80

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    FOR A REASON last 800 54.36 last 400 26.84 LAST MILE 1:53.32
    CHRISTEN ME 53.95!!!!!!! 26.32 1:52.7
    BEAUTIDE 54.26 26.61 1:53.12
    TERRORWAY 54.92 27.25 1:53.80
    Similarities wuth ITMQ and Christen Me starting to appear!

+ Reply to Thread