Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Victoria Cup

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mac View Post
    Ron's going to love this barrier draw!
    Hi Glen, not sure if you meant me but I'm speechless........ Vic 1-5

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    Mah Sish gets a start over Abettorpunt ? that's stunning.

Having had the odd conversation with a Handicapper or two and various administrators, I'm convinced now more than ever that the majority of them are clueless when it comes to form.

I thought the mob in NSW were bad : )
    If you are right, which i think you are not, i will change my name to Harold Bishop and marry Madge Ramsay :P

Junior Member Foal harness racing will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    kay o'loughlin
    Horses
    Fan of Smoken up, Christen me, Dasher vc
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Up the top left corner (see pic attached)... Or click on "Dont have an account?".

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    When you go to harnessweb you need to register to get info.
    I'm now registered thanks for your help.

Member Gelding littlelenny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    lenny panetto
    Bob just curious what would your trifecta pay for Bitobliss, Smoken Up, Christen Me?

The barrier has definetly shaped it up to be one mighty race. The biggest winner at the draw has gotta be Bitobliss now he just needs to bring his A game.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by littlelenny View Post
    Bob just curious what would your trifecta pay for Bitobliss, Smoken Up, Christen Me?

The barrier has definetly shaped it up to be one mighty race. The biggest winner at the draw has gotta be Bitobliss now he just needs to bring his A game.
    Hey Lenny, I think all 3 are a lay ... so 3500-1 : )

Bitobliss has no option but to protect the inside at all costs. I think The Gold Ace is the immediate threat early, more so than Smoken Up. Either way I don't see him burning the candle at both ends.

Christen Me is way under the odds. I wasn't as taken with his Mile run as everyone else on the planet. Well not enough to take $5 from that draw on the back of it. He did nothing early, got up there comfortably in a race that turned into a 400m (26.2) dash up the straight.

For A Reason touched $15 today, $4.50 a place. That's incredible value. Luke McCarthy is the best big race driver in Australasia. He'll give the horse every chance. I love the $7.50 a place on offer for Terrorway. I'll nibble away at the 25-1.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Okay Bob, So your tip is For a Reason in the Cup, is that correct?? You have made some good points, there's a bit of value in the wider market which is always good. Now you have to come up with 3 more tips for the night and the big trotting race has to be included. This is a great chance to earn bragging rights and maybe knock off the wily veteran from the Hunter Valley(lol) Good luck

Senior Member Colt G-Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Glen McWilliams
    Horses
    Jewel Castle Diamond Castle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Hi Glen, not sure if you meant me but I'm speechless........ Vic 1-5
    I did mean you Rod. My apologies.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    I'll give you 8 -1 about Trigger?

Great race, can't wait.

Just a couple things on early odds.

Restrepo a definite winning chance but too short for mine. I had him $6.50. TAB got $4 fav. If does get lead, will have Trigger putting pressure. Won't get easy time of things and you'd think one of Beautide, Christen Me or FAR can get a nice cart up and run past him if enough pressure is put on. If he ends up running line with the amount of moves he will be on level playing field with Beautide, Christen Me and FAR so to take $4 just too short. Plus if Restepo in running line it means Bitobliss getting a charmed run.

Smoken Up too short. $6 is crazy after being comfortably ran down by 4 horses in the Miracle Mile that all line up here. A) Will have more pressure on this race if he does lead and B) If he death seats its a tougher run than Menangle and he couldn't win there.

Carribean Blaster too short at $9. I was on him when he won last year but don't think he is going quite as well this year. He did make some ground 3 wide in a 26.7 third quarter at Cranbourne so had excuses but he never looked like challenging. Just sort of ran on ok. Good draw on paper is irrelevant, won't be challenging for early lead because it will do a Blucolla Tigerpie in the Trueur, will end up 1-1 or 1-2. So will either get stuck in the running line a lap out or have to head the three wide line last week, and not sure how he go giving Beautide, Christen Me or FAR a cart into it. They peel off his back and catch ya later.

Bitobliss overs. I had him at $4.50 but got $7. He has never brought his best to the big stage but we know his times around Melton and the way he does it put him up there with the best. The 1.55.4 effort three wide from the tail 4 starts back wins this from the draw. The Kilmore run was one of his common WTF runs before he was never in the race the Legends. He ran on great last time out and from the draw. Trials seem to be ticking on ok. He usually sits out of the early speed battles but thats due to not getting draws, so not sure how he will go if an early speed battles arises but willing to take punt at $7.

I think with no Blacks a Fake, Smoken Up at his best from 2-5 seasons ago, or ITMQ there isn't a horse in Aust that can win from anywhere at this level and you back confidently from any draw. Maybe Beautide can, but not willing to take $5.50 when he is untested at anything other than a mile at this standard. Christen Me was looking like he would become that horse 6-12 months ago but doesn't seem to have progressed to that point yet. With this in mind is why I have settled on Bitobliss, I think a good run will be crucial in determining the winner in such an even field and from that draw he has the best chance at getting the best run in the race.
    Got two things wrong, otherwise I was spot on but one of those two things was overrating Bitobliss and a hefty loss at end of day! The other thing I got a tad wrong was Carribean Blaster, but would have been happy to see him win it. Big run! Big run from Gold Ace as well. Beautide and Christen Me desperately unlucky, Terrorway just lost FAR back and those two just couldn't get into the race, never a chance. The best run and drive won it, well done FAR. Too good for em. Big achievement to go from top juvenile to stud to this!

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Agree Breno, Great win by For a Reason and congratulations to the winning connections. It's astonishing to think that a horse could come back from a career ending injury and be able to compete and win at this level, it tells you a lot about the individual's guts and will to win. I will definitely be sending my No1 mare to him when he resumes his stud duties. Great to see Carribean Blaster back near his very best and Christen Me and Beautide must have run low 26's in their last quarter. Christen Me has certainly put any doubts about his ability to compete at this level to rest forever. Habibti went terrific last night in the Dullard and then to finish off a great nights racing, Blitzthemcalder gave the leader a huge start and bolted in. There's going to be some great clashes in the trotting races between these 2 in the future.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 12-15-2013 at 10:04 AM.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Congratulations to FAR, CB & CM. Now tell me, has Smoken Up simply had enough of racing due to his age, or did something happen to him last night? He just stopped! Will Lance take him to SA after that run?
    I hope he is ok health wise and gives the SA cup one last crack! I absolutely love Trigger

+ Reply to Thread