Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Blast From The Past !

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.

A Blast From The Past !

My uncle found a few of his old mans (my grandfather) old vinyl 45rpm race recordings, I know most of you old timers would remember these but the younger members may not have seen them. These were from the days before video tape and dvds ! Even the winning photos were black and white in those days with the drivers colours painted on in colour !
    Attached Images
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Thats a dead set ripper Rick,
    I know my dads first few winners were on vinyl and we still have a few "photos" as you described, they were black and white with the colours painted in, they were actually a bloody credit to the people who crafted them, I remember the family who done Newcastle area used to work until all hours of the night fulfilling orders when times got busy, it must have taken them many hours to do what a digital camera and a two bit printer can now do in seconds!

Cheers,
    Dan

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    My uncle found a few of his old mans (my grandfather) old vinyl 45rpm race recordings, I know most of you old timers would remember these but the younger members may not have seen them. These were from the days before video tape and dvds ! Even the winning photos were black and white in those days with the drivers colours painted on in colour !
    Hi Rick, I was only 19 ( as the song goes ) at the time but my first 2 city winners were on vinyl although the photos had advanced somewhat and were in colour with a very annoying habit of dotting the horses eyes with blue ink.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    I've got 3 here from 1966/67 i think they are and the photo's of the same of a horse named Southern Silver that Dad had. In 1 of them according to the race caller he gave 120 yard's start after galloping from the stand and ended up winning beating none other than the great mare Teeny Rena. I just can't find them at the moment but i think it was a Graduation Hcp. Jim Castle's had the horse .
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

+ Reply to Thread