Thread: Greg Bennett trial.

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly

Greg Bennett trial.

Harness driver Greg Bennett acted 'for trainers'
    Had this sent from Adelaide this morning.Haven't seen anything elsewhere so far.

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    SMH and Illawarra Merc as well

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Certainly interesting reading. If Mr Bentey claims he did not do it for money or drugs, why did he do it? Mateship?
    Does The Age NSW have harness racing news other than corruption trials - never ever seen mention of harness in The Age in Vic (the only thing I miss about the Herald Sun)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    With some of the decisions made by Officials re: whip,cot,presentation etc I trust the current group of Officials do not share a similar attitude to Mr Bentley
    "Mr Bentley had described harness racing trainers as ''desperate'' and ''scum''"

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    With some of the decisions made by Officials re: whip,cot,presentation etc I trust the current group of Officials do not share a similar attitude to Mr Bentley
    "Mr Bentley had described harness racing trainers as ''desperate'' and ''scum''"
    All things considered Bailey, I'm not the slighest bit surprised by that.

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    Not guilty. Interesting times ahead..... Some heads surely on chopping blocks now....

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtrain View Post
    Not guilty. Interesting times ahead..... Some heads surely on chopping blocks now....
    Interesting times indeed Grant...wonder how the Integrity Unit comes to grips with this decision...and how does Bentley become immune from prosecution...must have been some great deals cut here...Bennett might have had good legal representation (and fully entitled to defend his name to the hilt) but for the Crown to rely on an already heavily discredited Bentley makes a mockery of the legal system and their attempts to prove the case in a court of law. A case doomed to failure. The full story when reported will also be interesting reading. HRNSW cannot be expected to wear the brunt of the loss, this is a completely different jurisdiction. Anyhow G Bennett is not guilty, this is now a proven fact.

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...-of-corruption-

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    It is hard to believe a grub like Bentley was given immunity in this situation. He threw plenty of mud not stopping below the CEO. From his comments, he obviously had very low regard for the industry and I hope he enjoys his $1.8 million inheritance. I still cannot believe that the police deceided to do a deal. Hopefully they will find some other charges to slap on him.

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    Quote Originally Posted by Pena View Post
    It is hard to believe a grub like Bentley was given immunity in this situation. He threw plenty of mud not stopping below the CEO. From his comments, he obviously had very low regard for the industry and I hope he enjoys his $1.8 million inheritance. I still cannot believe that the police deceided to do a deal. Hopefully they will find some other charges to slap on him.
    That is the biggest disgrace of all. In my eyes, he is by far and away the worst perpetrator of this corruption and is clearly lower than snake guts. He couldnt even get consistency in his lies. Those in charge have some serious questions to ask themselves now. Some of the people investigating these things spend that much time thinking about and searching for corruption they have become paranoid look for it in places where common sense shows its not there. Who in there right mind would think Bentley would make a credible witness? Even Dennis Denuto would tear apart his testimony! Unfortunately I think some stewards roaming NSW now policing our industry in a similar way, based on heresay of untrustworthy individuals.

+ Reply to Thread