Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Greg Bennett trial.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by gtrain View Post
    that is the biggest disgrace of all. In my eyes, he is by far and away the worst perpetrator of this corruption and is clearly lower than snake guts. He couldnt even get consistency in his lies. Those in charge have some serious questions to ask themselves now. Some of the people investigating these things spend that much time thinking about and searching for corruption they have become paranoid look for it in places where common sense shows its not there. Who in there right mind would think bentley would make a credible witness? even dennis denuto would tear apart his testimony! unfortunately i think some stewards roaming nsw now policing our industry in a similar way, based on heresay of untrustworthy individuals.
    lol!

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtrain View Post
    That is the biggest disgrace of all. In my eyes, he is by far and away the worst perpetrator of this corruption and is clearly lower than snake guts. He couldnt even get consistency in his lies. Those in charge have some serious questions to ask themselves now. Some of the people investigating these things spend that much time thinking about and searching for corruption they have become paranoid look for it in places where common sense shows its not there. Who in there right mind would think Bentley would make a credible witness? Even Dennis Denuto would tear apart his testimony! Unfortunately I think some stewards roaming NSW now policing our industry in a similar way, based on heresay of untrustworthy individuals.
    Straight to the pool room! that comment! It appears even Bentley could see "they were dreamin"

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    Is Dennis Denuto a relation to Peter Vlandys? There is a striking resembelence.
    However even more scary is it not the paranoid stewards but the police and DPP that have presided over this debacle.
    Makes you wonder about the race fixing case that is going on in the Tamworth area.
    We all want crooks out of the game but I wonder how successful the authorities are being.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    This subject is Sickening but Danno's slant on it is Hilarious. It would have been interesting to see the outcome of this case if V'landys/ Dennis Denuto was still at the helm. Sam's pretty passionate about the game and for this other fool to throw a spitball about him is totally wrong and I reckon Sam should go the him on defamation grounds.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 12-13-2013 at 07:10 AM.

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Hello All I have been a little busy but the finding of Greg Bennett not guilty has brought me out of the closet.

It has for many of us answered the question we have been asking since August 2011 why has Bentley not been charged by the coppers ?

Now we all know because he convinced them he would make a credible witness and would be truthful, you may well ask how does a corrupt person pull this off?

Make no bones about it Bentley is smart, when the poo hit the fan he knew how to avoid most of it hitting him, he did lose his job but clearly that meant zero to our Armani Matthew, after all he had 1.8million.

I am told he actually got everybody else to be silent which made it even easier for him to do the deal because the coppers needed him to tie up loose ends, I wonder how the Fat Starter Paul the Toole felt reading how his mate Matty avoided the big house.

The damage Bentley has done to Harness Racing is a disgrace and he did not worry who he hurt in doing it especially his so called mates.

There is one thing I am sure of when he was looking at a Harness Participant that was undoubtedly "desperate and scum" he was actually looking in the mirror.

I am however not so sure he was wrong about Sam Nati's alleged drug use, I often think Sam must be on drugs to put the time and effort he does into administering and growing the game he loves.

Bill

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Thanks for the insight VOR and good to see you haven't become some sort of fertiliser.
    Do you know what really makes me cranky?? it's that this style of thing happens REPEATEDLY .......not just in our silly game but in all walks of life, the grub(s) who designed the "sting" walk away free and easy while a few pawns pay the price.
    Makes you wonder about two things 1) the real intentions of our lawmakers and 2) the ability of same.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    Hello All I have been a little busy but the finding of Greg Bennett not guilty has brought me out of the closet.

It has for many of us answered the question we have been asking since August 2011 why has Bentley not been charged by the coppers ?

Now we all know because he convinced them he would make a credible witness and would be truthful, you may well ask how does a corrupt person pull this off?

Make no bones about it Bentley is smart, when the poo hit the fan he knew how to avoid most of it hitting him, he did lose his job but clearly that meant zero to our Armani Matthew, after all he had 1.8million.

I am told he actually got everybody else to be silent which made it even easier for him to do the deal because the coppers needed him to tie up loose ends, I wonder how the Fat Starter Paul the Toole felt reading how his mate Matty avoided the big house.

The damage Bentley has done to Harness Racing is a disgrace and he did not worry who he hurt in doing it especially his so called mates.

There is one thing I am sure of when he was looking at a Harness Participant that was undoubtedly "desperate and scum" he was actually looking in the mirror.

I am however not so sure he was wrong about Sam Nati's alleged drug use, I often think Sam must be on drugs to put the time and effort he does into administering and growing the game he loves.

Bill
    Goodness Bill you brought me out of retirement.
    In the past you have always been very correct and calculating in your comments. Its easy to see that this subject brings out a lot of emotion in you. We thought you were made of wood....haha.
    Its weird that they claim $400K - $500K was found in corrupt money and yet only a handful of races have been proven.
    Where did the rest of it come from?
    This and the amount of positives, 56 and counting, proves that Bentley was right about a lot of trainers being scum.
    There's an ever diminishing number of trainers that are great people.

Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Not sure about the cash side of things I know positive swabs are close to your heart.

I was not aware it had got up to 56 but I will take your word for it .

I have always said the one good thing to come from this debacle would be the extra budget for swabbing.

I have it on very good advice that as far back as the GHRRA days John Coughlan was always trying to get more funding from HRNSW to do extra swabbing and this was in the day before Bentley was even employed however those requests always fell on deaf ears.

I am not sure how many winners are even swabbed these days but until it is at 100% like the gallops there will always be some who run the gauntlet, even then there are some, as the gallops prove but nothing like the Harness Numbers.

Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Danno as Charles Dickens wrote "the law is an ass"

Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Trish

I hate corruption in sport.... I hate it at any level but more so at a sporting level because there are so many that want to play within the rules.

The damage Bentley and the Toole, who as you know was a very popular steward among licences before this all broke will take decades to repair...... it is so unfair on those who are trying to police the sport now..... there is forever the shadow of corruption.

I can only imagine how tuff it must be to be honest in doing your job with a large percentage of licences thinking you are a cheat ... might even be enough to chase you from the job.

+ Reply to Thread