Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Greg Bennett trial.

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    Not sure about the cash side of things I know positive swabs are close to your heart.

I was not aware it had got up to 56 but I will take your word for it .

I have always said the one good thing to come from this debacle would be the extra budget for swabbing.

I have it on very good advice that as far back as the GHRRA days John Coughlan was always trying to get more funding from HRNSW to do extra swabbing and this was in the day before Bentley was even employed however those requests always fell on deaf ears.

I am not sure how many winners are even swabbed these days but until it is at 100% like the gallops there will always be some who run the gauntlet, even then there are some, as the gallops prove but nothing like the Harness Numbers.
    Bill are you certain the gallops are the best example? The way we handle things now is heading in the opposite direction to the gallops. Mandatory sentencing is unheard of there. They recieve numerous warnings along with have every case heard on individual merits. We continue to roll out the "present horse substance free" line and slam honest participants who had zero intention of "doping" a horse. If you want an example of this no case has ever made my skin crawl more than the treatment of David Lang in the Riverina. Slammed for use of a substance that really wouldn't make his horse go one yard faster. More to the point he didn't administer it either. The DMSO saga with Lance was disgusting. The Gallops don't eat their own the way we do. They actually promote trainers as people and amazingly treat them like it also. Not the "scum" that our stewards see our trainers for.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Whilst people have strong views on this issue and I don't want to stifle comment on what I think is an important issue for Harness racing and, dare I say, The legal,,, nay justice system, many views already expressed here will in the fullness of time not be allowed to stand. Please remember that many comments have been made about someone named who has not been convicted of any crime much as it seems grossly unjust. Whist time will be allowed for many here to express their opinion please do so in future in a cautious and thoughtful manner before this thread may be deleted.
    Deletion is not a decision taken lightly and is not based on any personal view of the issue but on whether the content of the thread is considered actionable by any named persons against Harnesslink or any of you who contribute here whether justified or not.
    By all means have your say but do so in a mature, managed way
    thanks.....

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    Sorry Tony you have got this one way wrong.
    No Bentley has not been convicted of a crime, because he did a deal with the DPP.
    But he has admitted under oath that he acted corruptly, there is no disputing this fact.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by Pena View Post
    Sorry Tony you have got this one way wrong.
    No Bentley has not been convicted of a crime, because he did a deal with the DPP.
    But he has admitted under oath that he acted corruptly, there is no disputing this fact.
    Jack....
    This thread is not about whether I have got it way wrong. I am fully satisfied that I have it way right hence what I have said about what has been posted so far in this thread. There are some statements in this thread that are actionable.
    IMO If I delete them now the discussion will be severely disrupted.
    IMO The issue being discussed is important enough to allow everyone a chance to contribute. All I ask is that it is done in a more reasoned than emotive way albeit acknowledging seriously strong views.
    Let's get on with the discussion in a more mature manner than those being discussed have seen fit to describe their fellow Human beings. Remember 2 wrongs don't make it right and as there is no convictions we may have the moral high ground but not necessarily the rather shifty legal high ground.

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    Tony......
    The comments on this thread re Bentley are at worst complimentry.
    I hope all the people he slandered including King Charlie and "Scum" trainers sues him for defamation and his $1.8 million and his Armani suits.

Member Filly DRUIDRACING will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    STEVEN PILE
    Occupation
    mr fix it
    Horses
    nearly none and you can guess why
    all sports involving money there will always be people trying to contrive, alter, influence and beat the rules. It is time we promote our magnificent sport and raise its profile above the rest. Theres nothing like watching your horse win but we dont promote the side that the masses see. Usually the all the bad is filtered into the media overshadowing this great sport. whilst the authorities on a whole do a great job they can only do what the rules allow. We all know who rort the system. I believe there has been a return to normality in recent months as testing has improved the chances of catching these people just look at some of the latest results. Go Go Pacing try it you might like it.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    How can anyone possibly promote this sport before it is cleaned up.

Their saying that between $400K & $500K was discovered & attributed to the green light scandal. We've been told that $500 was paid per race to not swab horses that
    equates to 1000 races. We've been able to account for around 20 races, so where are all the others??????
    Why do people in this sport continue to put their heads in the sand, as VOR said its going to take a long time to recover.
    Unfortunately we all know who they are & people continue to shake the hands of the biggest offenders.
    To remove rot from timber you have to cut the whole lot out or it keeps coming back. Not much timber left in this industry. Unless you get rid of it the rot will come back.
    Sam must be pulling his hair out. I wouldn't want his job.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Well said Trish, I wonder when the dust settles if the Tax Man might have a say in this matter, they rarely miss out when it comes to getting in for their chop.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    Well said Trish, I wonder when the dust settles if the Tax Man might have a say in this matter, they rarely miss out when it comes to getting in for their chop.

Or their sausage...haha

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Lol Trish, but I won't go there.

+ Reply to Thread