Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 94 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 ... LastLast

Thread: cobalt

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    http://www.caselaw.nsw.gov.au/action...?jgmtid=173075

The matter is listed for hearing on 29 September with an estimate of five days;

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Thanks Trish, much appreciated. So it finished today. Though one rumour already circulating around these parts is that it got thrown out on the first day
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell

The Mcdowells

Just wondering what has happened to them.Havent had horses nominated for awhile now and havent seen Col around.I know they were due to go to court re Cobalt chloride but cant find any details anywhere.
    Do any of you guys know whats happening as he is a nice bloke.

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    Answering my own question lost the court case and now will have to front the stewards re cobalt chloride.The national body have agreed on a standard reading so will be in effect nationwide About time.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Hi Brian.
    In my opinion I believe the threshold is WAY TO HIGH as I think it only encourages people to use it and I think it should be given the same scrutiny as steroids in that the level should never be exceeded in the horses life. Horses should able to be tested 24/7 for anything.
    One question I have is , " are horses tested upon their arrival into the retention barn ?" & if not they bloody well should be.
    maybe you can answer that Adam..................thanks.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=24659

No surprises from my perspective, not happy seeing people rubbed out but happy to see measures to maintain integrity successfully defended,

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    The World is a funny place. I trust that the ironic undertones of the defence was not lost on those assembled.

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Credit where credit is due. HRNSW must be given a huge pat on the back of the work done to win this court case. If they had lost who knows where trotting would have ended up.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Race For Fun View Post
    Credit where credit is due. HRNSW must be given a huge pat on the back of the work done to win this court case. If they had lost who knows where trotting would have ended up.
    Not just Harness Toni, would most likely have had huge ramifications for the Gallops and just about every other sport that is trying to implement control measures.

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    http://www.harnesslink.com/Internati...E-COURT-ACTION

http://www.caselaw.nsw.gov.au/action...?jgmtid=174661

This is from the Harnesslink web site.

I haven't read the entire Supreme Court finding and some will most likely go over my head but I don't understand how anyone would have thought challenging HRNSW's right to implement local rules would fly.

+ Reply to Thread