Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 94 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 ... LastLast

Thread: cobalt

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    They are timing their verdicts until after the carnival finishes so maybe there is some hope that penalties are in the offing
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I should have linked this one yesterday but just in case anyone missed it

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/horse...16-gl0mvu.html

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/horse...17-gl11e5.html

I think Racing got serious but I suspect we could have lengthy appeals ahead especially when/if the others are found guilty
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    In the first article from The Age, And their 10% share of prizemoney, Totalling $50,000 which was held in trust from Group and Listed races, Will be returned to the Hopes.
    ??????????????????????????

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It does sound strange Rich and at first I thought it must have been a typo but then I remembered that they were one of the training teams under investigation who did not quibble about having all their % withheld (some of the others objected and in the end only had their Gp race %'s withheld).
    I am assuming that the withholding was a case of 'looking to be doing something' by the authorities and was supposedly for in the event that any of their future winners tested positive or maybe in the event that they received large fines as their penalty. Without fines in the penalty I cannot imagine that you could convince any court that you can allow someone to work but withhold part of their wages indefinitely.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    We will have to follow that study Tony, thanks for the link

Noticed in the gallops world that the Hope's appeal is not being heard until Feb so they effectively get 3mths of training since being found guilty
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Gelding Big Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dean mac
    Horses
    Greg The Great
    Kev,
    I do not condone cheating in any way. However we do need to allow those involved to exhaust avenues of appeal. A large number of people are involved. Staff, owners and a whole lot of others. I don't think it would be fair on all involved if this was not allowed.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I agree Dean and it would be purgatory to have it hanging over your head - it would seem better for all if appeals could be heard in a month or so
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Dean, I read in the paper today that the stewards opposed the granting of the stay so they obviously do not think they should get any benefit from appealing
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    If you get a positive for drink driving or drug driving , you are suspended straight away even if take case to court and if you lose but appeal would not be allowed to drive until appeal heard.This could also mean lack of income if you are a proffesinal driver. Why the differnce they have proven positives had there day in court and lost yet can still train and win races nothing changed.

+ Reply to Thread