Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 94 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 LastLast

Thread: cobalt

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    I know we cant have it both ways but;

The threshold exceedance was not included in that report and that the threshold has been reduced to 100mpl-Hughes gets 4 years. Must have been massively over the threshold.

Ms Chisholm receives 12 months and the threshold at her time of being charged with cheating was double what it is now at 200 mpl

Broken Hill yeah rite. Are they getting the low hanging fruit in a place where the fastest horse would not beat me and they have 10 meetings a year?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Last edited by Messenger; 06-30-2017 at 07:38 PM. Reason: detail

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    3yr Disqualification from Training for Mark Billinger

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia/Billinger
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Paul Grech the latest - he also got 15 months

http://www.harness.org.au/news/uploa...20decision.pdf
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    What would be so bad about 'grass, hay and carrots' LOL
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Trainers are obligated to check what goes into a horses mouth...dont lets kid ourselves about what goes on. Instead of whinging about having to be scientists, they should lift their level of professionalism. If feed supplied was that bad across the board , wouldnt every trainer in the land be busted for high cobalt levels?
    Trainers/industry people also need to come up with solutions to this issue and let the controlling body know about their ideas. The controlling bodies are not blameless either. Their procedures and rules should be watertight re accreditation for testing etc, there are no excuses for that, it is their job. I know trainers who have horses who are continually swabbed and tested and come up clean every time. These hangers on and long time lurkers on facebook and twitter seem intent on stirring the pot as well instead of coming up with something constructive.

What can be done about the suppliers of the feed? They should also be held accountable if information is misleading.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    I'm sick of people defending the use of cobalt on social media. I don't believe one innocent trainer has been caught . I believe that some trainers think if the threshold is 100 then they want their horses racing with 90 in their system. So then all it takes is some feed or a supplement with a little extra in it and they're over the limit and they scream that they are innocent ! The normal level for a horse in training on a cobalt free diet is <10. They allow an extra 90 just to be sure . So if your not treating your horse with cobalt you are safe. I can't believe with all the information and warnings out there that any trainer would use a feed mix that has added cobalt.
    Then there are the idiots that use 10 different products that contain cobalt but think it's ok to use that product at the recommended dose ! Yes it is but just one product not multiple ones. When all the facts come out they are usually injecting large amounts of it into their horse, it's never an accident. The same people are claiming that cobalt is not performance enhancing ! So why are they using it ?
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member 2YO Njcstables will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Cahir
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    I'm sick of people defending the use of cobalt on social media. I don't believe one innocent trainer has been caught . I believe that some trainers think if the threshold is 100 then they want their horses racing with 90 in their system. So then all it takes is some feed or a supplement with a little extra in it and they're over the limit and they scream that they are innocent ! The normal level for a horse in training on a cobalt free diet is <10. They allow an extra 90 just to be sure . So if your not treating your horse with cobalt you are safe. I can't believe with all the information and warnings out there that any trainer would use a feed mix that has added cobalt.
    Then there are the idiots that use 10 different products that contain cobalt but think it's ok to use that product at the recommended dose ! Yes it is but just one product not multiple ones. When all the facts come out they are usually injecting large amounts of it into their horse, it's never an accident. The same people are claiming that cobalt is not performance enhancing ! So why are they using it ?
    +1

+ Reply to Thread