Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 94 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: cobalt

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    VVV- I don't think for a minute that anyone has done anything wrong but at the same time I can't help thinking that if it were certain other stables involved here Trish....ones you're no great fan of...that you'd instead be all over them like a Seagull on a hot chip. Call me a cynic.
    Hi Jaimie . No one has been found guilty as yet . We learnt our lesson and as far as that "other stable" is concerned , things are quite amicable . We met at Newcastle the other week and he asked us how we were doing . No problems or hard feelings there at all . You need to let go Triple . My post was about Collin and Cheryl . No one else .

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    "I believe the average punter couldn't give a rats if a trainer is drugging their horse"

Hi Mitch
    That's fine and probably right as far as the gallopers & dogs are concerned but harness racing is unique in as much that the majority of punters have a direct link to the industry. If participants leave then they take many punters with them. We've seen participation drop constantly over the last decade & paralleling this has been a decline in punting to the point where we now sit at the bottom of the code pool. We speak to many , many people who are feed up & have already planed to leave because of the cheats. We have a dozen horses & now have glimmer of hope that they may be able to compete at an even level.
    We applaud Reid Sanders & his team, he may save the industry yet.

Member Filly BenScadden will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ben Scadden
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Harness racing is unique in as much that the majority of punters have a direct link to the industry
    I've never seen a shred of evidence to suggest that's the case, Trish.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Two more licenses suspended for Cobalt - Neil Day and Noel Tyndall
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Two more licenses suspended for Cobalt - Neil Dayl
    If anybody is familiar with Brian Taylors commentary this is all I could think of when reading this "Boy oh boy, wow wee".

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by BenScadden View Post
    I've never seen a shred of evidence to suggest that's the case, Trish.
    No problem Ben, next time your at the TAB talk to anyone you might find betting on harness racing & may find like we have they know someone.
    Cheers

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Two more licenses suspended for Cobalt - Neil Day and Noel Tyndall
    oh that's sad if its true......

Real Name
    Ben Scadden
    No problem Ben, next time your at the TAB talk to anyone you might find betting on harness racing & may find like we have they know someone.
    Cheers
    Having worked directly with senior management at corporate betting agencies and TABs for more than 20 years, I've never seen any research that suggests people who bet on harness racing are any different than those who wager on greyhound or thoroughbred racing. Chatting to 20 people at your local TAB probably doesn't offer a true cross-section of the tens of thousands of people who have a punt each day. Cheers

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by BenScadden View Post
    Having worked directly with senior management at corporate betting agencies and TABs for more than 20 years, I've never seen any research that suggests people who bet on harness racing are any different than those who wager on greyhound or thoroughbred racing. Chatting to 20 people at your local TAB probably doesn't offer a true cross-section of the tens of thousands of people who have a punt each day. Cheers
    Fair enough Ben, that's what we've found over the years. Its probably something that the Authority should have researched years ago . Surely they should know the people that they are trying to sell something to . All the best

Real Name
    Ben Scadden
    Fair enough Ben, that's what we've found over the years. Its probably something that the Authority should have researched years ago . Surely they should know the people that they are trying to sell something to . All the best
    No worries. The betting agencies (including TABs) spend vast sums doing market research to get a better sense of who's using their product. They're turning over billions of dollars every year - and knowing their customer base is a significant focus of their business.

+ Reply to Thread