Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Arty View Post
    Hi everyone ... I have been watching and reading these posts on this site for some time now and if it's ok with the group I just have a few questions if anyone would like to oblige. Sorry if some of my observations are not accurate but I base my knowledge of this sport on information collected from close friends and family involved in the sport and my own observations.

Question 1

Are the trainers that you all are referring too as drug cheats that can't be caught. Are these trainers that have never been found to be using drugs at all in their past . Is there any evidence to suggest otherwise other than your opinion ???
    G'day Arty,
    the people I was referring to have been busted at least once but most of them multiple times.

I think you will find most people are referring to these types rather than people who have not been busted, but I'll let others do their own talking.

cheers,
    Dan

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Hi everyone ... I have been watching and reading these posts on this site for some time now and if it's ok with the group I just have a few questions if anyone would like to oblige. Sorry if some of my observations are not accurate but I base my knowledge of this sport on information collected from close friends and family involved in the sport and my own observations.

Question 1

Are the trainers that you all are referring too as drug cheats that can't be caught. Are these trainers that have never been found to be using drugs at all in their past . Is there any evidence to suggest otherwise other than your opinion ???

Here you go Arty.
    You can start here.
    http://www.harness.org.au/news-archi...=AUS&x=41&y=11

Banned Foal Arty will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Arthur Peterson
    Occupation
    Manager
    Thanx guys. I am well aware of the people that she been caught with the current testing of cobalt. And from what I have been told cobalt needs to be treated on race day which in itself against the rules . I was just under the understanding that a lot of the comments about certain leading trainers improving horses and winning multiple race are the ones that haven't been convicted or even linked to any positive swabs yet are still being accused of being cheats . Is this correct ?

Real Name
    Arthur Peterson
    Occupation
    Manager
    2nd question ::

I have been told that levels of cobalt above 200 are very very dangerous to a horses health particularly a horses liver can anyone confirm this and if this is the case does this mean this substance is more than just a performance enhancing treatment charge ?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Did you hear about the American guy called Arty who strangled 2 people for the measly sum of 1 dollar?
    Headlines read the next day Arty chokes 2 for 1$.
    HAHAHA
    Last edited by trish; 05-30-2014 at 07:36 PM.

aussiebreno

Question 1

Personally I stick to publically criticising those with a positive swab or guilty verdict over their head. Privatelly Ive suspected a few trainers over the years and I reckon my hits v misses is about 90% and rising.

Real Name
    Arthur Peterson
    Occupation
    Manager
    I guess what I am getting at is the following. If HRNSW is currently the leader in drug testing in Australia which I think we could all agree is the case. Then the trainers that have risen to the top over the past few years and are still achieving the same result after being continuously tested . Would it then become blatantly clear that maybe these trainers are infact the best trainers and horseman. At which point to we stop suspecting foul play and start acknowledging the level of their achievements. Not only am I talkig abou the leading trainers but also those trainers with selective stables who pound for pound do a tremdeous job . The trainers that either have been caught since the improvements in drug testing or have lost the ability to retain the level of achievement due to being unable to treat their horses surely these people are the butt of the conversations not the people who are achieving career best goals even under the strict drug testing currently imposed on trainers in nsw . Thoughts ?

aussiebreno
    I guess what I am getting at is the following. If HRNSW is currently the leader in drug testing in Australia which I think we could all agree is the case. Then the trainers that have risen to the top over the past few years and are still achieving the same result after being continuously tested . Would it then become blatantly clear that maybe these trainers are infact the best trainers and horseman. At which point to we stop suspecting foul play and start acknowledging the level of their achievements. Not only am I talkig abou the leading trainers but also those trainers with selective stables who pound for pound do a tremdeous job . The trainers that either have been caught since the improvements in drug testing or have lost the ability to retain the level of achievement due to being unable to treat their horses surely these people are the butt of the conversations not the people who are achieving career best goals even under the strict drug testing currently imposed on trainers in nsw . Thoughts ?
    Thoughts are youre jumping at shadows. Trish and others have only linked and spoken about cases where trainers have received positives.

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    lance armstrong ring any bells?

Real Name
    Arthur Peterson
    Occupation
    Manager
    You know what I was wondering what would happen if someone actaully spoke up for the people that everyone seems happy to criticize. So in response I get accused of being someone I'm not and then get abused. I guess it shows the mind set of the people involved in this environment and their one track way of thinking.

+ Reply to Thread