Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 94 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast

Thread: cobalt

Junior Member Weanling Wilso will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Wilson
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone george View Post
    I feel sorry for every stable in Newcastle with a post like that ,you have slurred every stable in Newcastle because of a couple of so called drunks at a pub .herbs for Christ sake I better get my horses of honey and garlic,anyway if a natural herb stops a horse bleeding isn't that good that allows that horse to reach it natural ability without using drugs
    I know there was one certain herb ( the name escapes me atm),
    That you could buy from Garrards that used correctly aided in the stopping of bleeding.
    To be used correctly it would be used in a pre race administration.
    The product is no longer available at Garrards

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley

Member Yearling cyclone george will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    greg fusinato
    Trish do I need to say anymore . Read the first and last paragraphs,there no signitific proof they do anything, and are basically useless except maybe if your horse has depression. For Christ sake if people believe herbs and vitamins give your horses to race above there ability then I believe Jesus will reappear next week. All they do is maintain a healthy immune system in your horse hopefully but a lot of that is unproven. They did a human trail on vitamin and herb pills on about fifty people that swore that they felt better on there supplement program ,they gave 30 of the 50 make beleive pills for one month at the end of the trail every one ,that's right 100% said they were still on there supplement program. I don't know if they could run faster though and I'm not sure if the trial was in Newcastle

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    I not having a go at you but most drugs are derived from plants, this is apparent from a number of people having positive swabs from horses grazing in paddocks.
    Also it has been proven a vitamin supplement everyday you will live longer. That is fact. People on the east coast have a 4 times more likely chance of dying of a heart attack than the west coast & this has been accredited to the mineral content in the water.
    Mate I take vitamins & minerals everyday.
    Last edited by trish; 05-31-2014 at 10:46 PM.

Member Yearling cyclone george will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    greg fusinato
    If that's a fact Trish kiwis would live for ever with there mineral water,no wonder all there doctors are over here

Senior Member Colt djgood will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    David Goodhand
    Occupation
    trainer
    Horses
    Couple of squaregaiters
    I use Chinese herbs on my horses , how have I slurred them ? Used correctly herbs are fine , I'm sorry if I slurred all stables in Newcastle cause a couple of stable hands like to boast at the trots I was just stating what I've been told

Senior Member Colt djgood will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    David Goodhand
    Occupation
    trainer
    Horses
    Couple of squaregaiters
    Sorry I reread my posts and yes they do sound slanderous and I'm sorry for it , I was trying to put forward that it's not so clear cut anymore traditional doping is gone and trainers getting more sophisticated and with google now you can find almost anything you want the cobalt issue just confirms that point a item used in a lot of horse products used in big enough doses can affect performance

Junior Member Weanling Wilso will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Wilson
    Each trainer has there own husbandry practices they believe in.
    If it be certain vitamins daily, a iron injection once a week, your herbal medicine,
    Bute after a race to aid recovery.
    A saline drench or drip before or after a race.
    Everyone has there own practice they believe in.
    None are incorrect however if you get a positive swab then they obviously are.
    If you choose to administer something that swabs you are playing with fire, its a risk you take.
    You are only a cheat once you get caught IMO LOL

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Cobalt Chloride use had been detected in Victoria

Darryl Sherer - 1/06/2014
    Victorian-trained horses had been detected with excessive levels of Cobalt Chloride in their system prior to it being listed as a prohibited substance.

Racing Victoria chief steward Terry Bailey said there had been evidence of its use and that had prompted Racing Victoria to identify it and introduce a threshold limit of 200 micrograms per litre in urine from April 14 this year.

"Cobalt occurs naturally in a horse and introducing rules for a threshold was not straightforward but we are fortunate the Racing Victoria board and Bernard Saundry backed us by putting a rule in place and it puts us on solid ground in Victoria.” Bailey said on Radio RSN Sunday.

Racing NSW stewards conducted a search of trainer Darren Smith’s Broadmeadow stables on Friday morning and found evidence of Cobalt Chloride use, scratching Smith’s two runners at Rosehill on Saturday and refusing nominations of horses trained by him.

Bailey said ‘posession of Cobalt Chloride is an offence’ for licenced persons and the Racing NSW case is ‘interesting and one that we will watch with interest’

"All we want is an equal playing field and we are satisfied that the rule we have in place is adequate until further tests are done on this substance,” he said.

Bailey confirmed that swab samples had detected horses with elevated levels of Cobalt Chloride in their system prior to the threshold limit rule being introduced.

"Since the rule came in we’re certainly pleased and confident we don’t have an issue with it here (Victoria) based on the results so far.

"We did have some evidence of that prior to the rule being implemented but I’m pleased to say the rule seems to have served as a deterrent and our tests are suggesting that.” he said.

Every swab sample taken in Victoria from April 14 has been tested for Cobalt Chloride.

This has to been the greatest piss take of all time. Basically will work out witch trainers are over the limit, give them plenty of warning to stop then start testing for it what a joke. Terry Bailey has said in the past their know about it possible use for over 12 months and hong kong have had their level set at 100mg for some time.
    Yet harness racing always cops the bad rap, because some of the time we go after people before the fact. Yet the gallops of course are so clean when they race for millions of dollor and we race for a few thousand. Your got to have a good laugh at this.

+ Reply to Thread