Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 94 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast

Thread: cobalt

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    That's a long list of new & outstanding charges, it will take a while to go through this.........at least we have been brought up to date!.......thank-you HRNSW!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    That's a long list of new & outstanding charges, it will take a while to go through this.........at least we have been brought up to date!.......thank-you HRNSW!
    HRNSW are so far ahead of VIC - in correspondence with Vic I suggested they should consider monitoring Harnesslink to keep abreast of people's concerns but only got the response that they probably read the forum when time permits
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=24690
    Hi Kevin, In this article it has a bit at the end about cobalt on your premises.
    Thanks Trish. The way I read it - you cannot be found to have cobalt at your training premises
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Thanks Greg, didn't realise that from foals. Would it be against the rules to have a cobalt level over 200 in out of race testing, I don't know if it is, trainers used to be able to use steroids as long as it didn't show up on race day.
    I Noticed we didn't get an answer out of Adam regarding the swabbing upon arrival to the retention barn, maybe he can fill us in when he gets a chance.
    If the horse is in work then yes i would think Trish but Hormones are banned across the board now as far as i know.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Thanks Trish. The way I read it - you cannot be found to have cobalt at your training premises
    Yes you can but not excessive quantities.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks Greg
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Another NSW trainer stood down today - Dick Inskip (was tempted to say he has been dumped )

http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=24716
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    What happens if the points from this win makes a difference to the point score in the series.

Wouldn't you think the positive swabs would slow up, they just keep coming. The prospect of a lengthy stint on the side line doesn't seem to frighten some.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Race For Fun View Post
    What happens if the points from this win makes a difference to the point score in the series.

Wouldn't you think the positive swabs would slow up, they just keep coming. The prospect of a lengthy stint on the side line doesn't seem to frighten some.
    G'day Toni,
    I made a forecast some months ago on how widespread the cobalt thing is and it seems despite the heads up provided by the HRNSW integrity unit many people are still living in dreamland thinking they can continue to treat their horses the way they always have!!

Just because a treatment regime didn't swab last year doesn't mean the industry "police" haven't worked it out yet...many of the people going for cobalt have been "treating" their horses during the week for the same way for a loonngg time! and for some reason are having trouble coming to grips with the fact as of a few months ago they cannot continue.Hence the continual flow of cobalt positives......it's quite similar to the bi-carb thing about twenty years ago, many people were feeding/drenching big doses of bi-carb thinking there was nothing wrong with it, and to a certain extent they were right, until a relable test and thresholds were implemented.....and here we are twenty years later and some people are STILL pushing the bouindaries on THAT ONE!

The mentality seems to be for some people that keep pushing until you get busted...then try something else and keep pushing until you get busted FOR THAT!

I think it is no co-incidence that we have so many repeat offenders, it's a personality thing in my humble opinion.

Cheers,
    Dan

Senior Member 2YO HISGEN65 will become famous soon enough HISGEN65's Avatar
    Real Name
    James Lewin
    Occupation
    Full time job..sadly
    Horses
    Sign of Perfecshon-Highview Sign
    Quote Originally Posted by Race For Fun View Post

It is definatly a "mind set" thing with an ego twist in my opinion - I am guessing alot of trainers are so overwhelmingly convinced in their minds that their horses "have" to have something without question & are so gung ho about it that all rational thoughts go out the window - also the fear of your team drastically under performing running "on the engine only" after previously having help is where the ego factor kicks in - not to mention the financial side of things,i guess some think its worth the risk to keep the money coming in to continue their life style - also the mentality that everyone who has success is using something so I will too...it goes round n round & pretty much a vicious circle
    Last edited by HISGEN65; 10-21-2014 at 04:26 PM. Reason: spelling

+ Reply to Thread