Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 94 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast

Thread: cobalt

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    I might be going mad but aren't the two web address in post 284 the same? They have the same dates when opened. Someone let me know if I'm in need of help.......

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by Race For Fun View Post
    I might be going mad but aren't the two web address in post 284 the same? They have the same dates when opened. Someone let me know if I'm in need of help.......

Your not going mad Toni...........................

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Race For Fun View Post
    They are not exactly the same - as opening them shows too

http://www.harnessmediacentre.com.au...2027082014.pdf
    http://www.harnessmediacentre.com.au...2027082014.pdf

OOps that did not work as they do not show the full address

BUT one has the word 'updated' in the address - strangely the one that does NOT have last October in it
    Last edited by Messenger; 10-30-2014 at 09:59 PM. Reason: OOps
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Yea I noticed that too Kevin, what I also noticed is that there are about 10 weeks missing, that's if they were testing for cobalt from 4/10/13. It goes to the 18/10/13 & then misses about 10 weeks & starts again 4/1/14 , I find this really strange especially that our biggest sprint race the Miracle Mile is missing its cobalt readings. Wonder if someone from HRNSW can upload them for us to look at. I'm sure it would just be an oversight. I'm sure Adam will be keen to help us

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    From the first 566 swabs published it showed

212 are under 5 ug/L
    384 are under 10 (ie nearly 68% or over 2/3rds)
    486 are under 20
    512 are under 30 (ie 90% of swabbed horses)

and the median is somewhere between 5 and 10 (more relevant than the average with this range)

With this being the case you have to wonder what advantage all these legal readings between 30 and 200 ug/L could have derived

Hillier, K 48
    Hillier, K 37
    Hillier, K 36
    Painting, J 33
    Elder, B 140
    Callaghan, M 52
    Camilleri, A 35
    Molander, N 32
    Ridge, C 78
    Slater, R 30
    Tonkin, P 34
    Tritton, S 35
    Lewis, D 45
    Matterson, B 100
    Meredith, A 110
    Rattray, J 43
    Hurst, N 65
    Hancock, D 30
    Baverstock, R 110
    Mabbott, I 62
    Snudden, S 50
    OShea, J 70
    Elder, D 140
    McDowell, C 91
    McDowell, C 200
    McDowell, C 110
    Missen, A 31
    Pizutto, K 30
    Males, K 51
    Druitt, D 40
    Painting, M 120
    Weidemann, L 120

Some might deduce that at least some of these trainers are willing to experiment with chemicals - for with the Supreme Court of NSW accepting the statistical analysis of Professor Hibbert

http://www.caselaw.nsw.gov.au/action...?jgmtid=174661

He put the odds of finding a horse with 80 ug/L in a normal horse population at 6300/1

We really need to swab more horses - whole fields sometimes so that we have a guage as to how potent Cobalt is.

We do not know how many losers are going around with 30mg in their system

Have some of these winners with 30 in their system still got a big advantage over the ordinary horse who has under 10 ug/L

Do we want to see all trainers needing to add cobalt or buy cobalt enriched feed to have a level playing field?
    Last edited by Messenger; 10-30-2014 at 11:47 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I really fair dinkum pray for a sensible resolution to this.....not surprised by the appeal so much as surprised by the challenge in the first instance,.....the law can prove to be as frustrating as it can be enlightenining and helpful.

Court of Appeal today
    Justice R McColl
    Justice R Macfarlan
    Justice M Leeming
    Hearing
    10:15 AM
    2014/00308740
    Appeal: Neil Anthony Day v Harness Racing New South Wales
    Law Courts Building
    Court 12A Queens Square Sydney
    Last edited by trish; 11-18-2014 at 10:41 AM. Reason: added

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson

Junior Member Yearling MJD will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Matthew Dennis
    Rodney Pike gone! Rodney Pike pleaded guilty to 5 charges & has been disqualified for a period of 8 years. In considering penalty Stewards were mindful of the following; Pike’s previous offence for a Rule 190 breach, that Cobalt is deemed a Class 1 substance under the HRNSW Penalty Guidelines, the levels recorded being 360ug/L, 530ug/L, 1200ug/L, 1440ug/L & 2360ug/L well above the threshold. Maybe the 200 micrograms threshold is too low since Colbalt is found in most horse feeds, vitamins, however, it can also be given in a powder form or injected and in this case the 200 micrograms threshold was well exceeded in each of the 5 charges.

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    I hope that on reading the attached file, you change your opinion. From the published results, it would seem to me that the 200mg level is four times too high.
    Attached Files
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

Junior Member Yearling MJD will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Matthew Dennis
    Quote Originally Posted by strong persuader View Post
    I hope that on reading the attached file, you change your opinion. From the published results, it would seem to me that the 200mg level is four times too high.
    200mg being "generous" makes the above results even worse. 2320mg is over 10 times the threshold!

+ Reply to Thread