Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 94 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 ... LastLast

Thread: cobalt

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Kavanagh (snr) and O'Brien found GUILTY

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/horse...23-gltz24.html
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    Mary jane Mifsud has been given 7 years for cobalt use in horse at Albury 2nd offence

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    What are the excuses for this penalty? Are the stewards wrong?, faulty equipment, my mate accidently fed them the wrong supplement or a host of other reasons. There are no excuses for this type of behavior by anyone connected with the racing industry. The industry must be cleaned out even if it costs jobs or livelihoods otherwise they will continue to cheat and be supported with excuses by people in forums such as these.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    But you would appreciate that the excusers are outnumbered by others, IMO somewhere between 20 and 100 to 1
    Last edited by Messenger; 01-07-2016 at 01:00 AM. Reason: IMO
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly Boydy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Boyd
    Kevin,

All I can say is in my opinion is every case should be accessed on it merits. Despite the former regimes shortcoming particularly with the disgraceful "green light" scandal at least you could read the transcripts of the case and form your own opinion. I was most definitely in the everyone that wins too many are doing something dishonest but both the facts I have researched and things I have seen have changed my opinion on the Cobalt issue. Your comments show plenty of people think "ignorance is Bliss".

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Oh well Adam, call me lazy or spread a bit thin but with everything that requires ones attention nowadays I am not inclined to spend much time questioning stewards (in ignorant bliss no doubt) disqualifying trainers with cobalt positives as normally I think they are fairly lenient and tending to err on the side of caution, anyway I am sure if they get it wrong there is always the appeals process

Did you think Pat's post was referring to you?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Oh well Adam, call me lazy or spread a bit thin but with everything that requires ones attention nowadays I am not inclined to spend much time questioning stewards (in ignorant bliss no doubt) disqualifying trainers with cobalt positives as normally I think they are fairly lenient and tending to err on the side of caution, anyway I am sure if they get it wrong there is always the appeals process

Did you think Pat's post was referring to you?
    Lmfao

Senior Member Colt Hermione will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jan Reynolds
    Occupation
    Education
    Horses
    Chardanae Mullinalaghta Lad
    Think that should read LYFAO to make sense?

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You can LMFAO as much as you want Richard.[/QUOTE]

Lately you have had only one issue/posting topic Adam - cobalt. I don't really think my 20/1 comment is your major issue and you definitely don't want to make me your issue
    I have no vested interest in the cobalt issue, for that matter I do not really have a vested interest in harness racing, it is just one of my many hobbies - which includes reading and when it comes to subject matter I will read whatever I feel like. I hope you do to.
    I will also post whatever I like on this forum provided it is within the rules. I am a poster first and foremost - I am a moderator by default (we are recruiting )
    Unfortunately unlike many forums, we do not have polls on Harnesslink or else we could test whether there are 20 others to every Cobalt excuser. I have edited my posted 760 for you.
    I fear our forum is no longer bringing you satisfaction - that really is the only reason a person should belong to a forum, so I hope that changes for you
    Last edited by teecee; 01-07-2016 at 09:01 PM. Reason: the original quoted post has been deleted
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly DRUIDRACING will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    STEVEN PILE
    Occupation
    mr fix it
    Horses
    nearly none and you can guess why
    Having not being on here for a while there seems to be trainers still using cobalt.......it confuses me why they continue to use when they are being warned day after day about all the products that are illegal ..............i assume they already knew that. But they continue to flaunt the system and they should be rubbed out. The general enthusiast (punter) who dont understand the racing style of many horses are guided by form and betting only. To myself who watches many races and to some degree understand the way various stables conduct there racing I find currently that the use of chemical help has diminished with the racing evening out and the better horse winning. The draw and gate speed now being other factors that govern races even for the bettor horses. I am sure some statistics would make for good reading when assessing whether any stable who were winning many races and now are struggling to keep there records of recent years. However it would be difficult as the racing life of the majority of horses is under 100 starts, approx 2% have move than a 100 starts out of sample of 4500. that equates to 4 to 5 years of racing. I hope the chemists leave the industry and then we will see the real trainers excell.

+ Reply to Thread