Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In the Gig

Member Yearling craig will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    craig fritz

In the Gig

Can anyone tell me why, In the Gig has to go on a winter and summer break. I have no problem with John and Greg wanting and needing a break, as they both put in long hours for the code. But surely the industry is big enough to warrant, coverage all year round. Are there not enough young people out there who could fill in to help cover the code, during these times. While on this subject, surely this show should also go for more then half an hour.

Senior Member Colt G-Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Glen McWilliams
    Horses
    Jewel Castle Diamond Castle
    The producers and behind the scenes crew take their break also.

Real Name
    craig fritz
    So in all of Australia, you are trying to tell me we don't have anyone who is capable of doing the behind the camera work, who wants to break into media. I am sure there would be plenty who are willing to have a go and put there hands up. Also there is no reason why they cannot take breaks at different times. The code struggles for coverage at the best of time, the industry needs to do more to keep this show going all year round.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Not being a pay tv subscriber for many a long year, can you tell me Craig - is In The Gig industry funded or just a Sky enterprise?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Hi Kev & Craig, I thought at first that it might be a Sky TV enterprise but Greg Hayes has some type of roll with HRNSW. I would certainly like the show run for an hour instead of 30 minutes. Tappy has a bit on his plate, He works a few horses then has to drive from Ebenezer, which is way out in a Western Sydney to the Sky studio's on the north shore and it's a nightmare drive at the best of times. Not to sure what the other guy does apart from his presenting and tripping around to the different carnival meetings. I used to like the show a lot better when Sam Nati was on it as Tappy's offsider, but he's moved on and we are stuck with Hayes. Always interesting when Big Dan's on the show and Barsby does a good report on the QLD Scene. Wouldn't mind seeing Fred on the show reporting on the Sydney scene, He's a very astute race caller.

Real Name
    craig fritz
    Could not tell you the answer for that Kevin. When the show first started, it was an hour long, then dropped to 45 min now down to 30min. The best presenters were Ryan and Sam with Adam thrown in from time to time. I know the presenters deserve a break, as well as the crews, but surely they could all have there breaks at different times of the year as other work forces do to keep operating. Lets face it, media goes 365 days of the year, so does our industry. Our code deserves better.

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Hello Gents

It is not about In The Gig or the Harness Racing getting a raw deal is is about SKY and for the record TVN is the same.

Rightly or wrongly it is considered the quiet period in all the racing codes in Australia there is no discrimination to Harness Racing.

All the magazine shows go into non production on Sky there is no, Bred To Win , Off the Beaten Track, Inside Racing, Trials and Tribulations, Racing Around the World, Off the Rails, Catching Pen or Racing Retro on sunday.

TVN is exactly the same with all theire magazine style programmes going into replay mode and again no review programmes on sundays.

sorry boys that is the way it is,

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Yeah Bill and Craig, that is what I suspected - like all commercial TV : it is not ratings time. As much as we would like any of our favourite shows all the time - they know they can get away with taking breaks and still keep us as viewers
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread