Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bookmaker

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    It was a bit of an ego boost the first time I had an account restricted, but now it's becoming a joke. Was really enjoying the racing products Ladbrokes have until I had the fixed odds removed from harness racing. The account was some 2 months old and after doing the math I was $5,500 in front of which I'm not sure what % harness made up of that. My bets range from $300 to 1k and I bet on all 3 codes plus sports/multis. How the corporates are allowed to basically say 'well, we'll take your cash on dogs, gallops, sports etc but as you have shown a propensity to win on harness racing we'll take that away from u' belies belief. And to not even receive a call/email sticks it up u even more. At least Sportingbet had the decency to email the news that my account was restricted......after 7 bets!! (of which 5 were on harness). It may seem like good business practice to them but if they had a spreadsheet of my lifetime history on the punt they'd be falling over themselves wanting my business!
    So that's 2 now in 4 months after the first time some 8 yrs ago.........can't imagine how pissed I'd be if I were u Bob......25 times!!! When u say u buy a 'prepaid dongle' wouldn't your IP address still remain the same hence the corporates still know it's u betting?? (apologies if that's a silly question, I know zero about computers/IT)
    You've nothing to fear re your IP addy Brent. I won't get technical on you, just keep your Cookies spotless if you're juggling accounts. Depending on which browser you're using, there could be 2 layers to getting it totally clean. The first and easiest via Internet Options etc will clear most but not all. I find Firefox the best for privacy.

I only make one withdrawal for each account. Once the account is restricted, I withdraw and move on. Depositing via Poli or Bank Transfer negates the issues of a CC deposit. You can make a deposit into a betting account in another name from your own bank account, just remember to change the payee name. When it comes to the withdrawal, I slip a friend or family member a cut (10%) of the withdrawal. I need their details to verify the account and their bank account to withdraw to, so they earn it.

I only bet on Harness Racing hence the number of accounts restricted.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    If they are stopping you from betting on race's they should not be able to run a book on the trot's. The Gov should de register them from from fielding on the trot's.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    I'm wth Greg on this subject, If your having a punt and consistently winning, The Betting companies should not be allowed to restrict you from punting. In the old days the Bookmakers would offload their big bets onto the TAB or other bookies to cover their backsides. If they aren't prepared to take bets with no restrictions, The Government should de-register them. I would find it very annoying if I was losing and then all of a sudden, I start winning and the company sends me a message saying, You are not allowed to punt on the trots or the amount you would like to punt is restricted. This would be total BS.

Senior Member Colt Chariots will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ray Coote
    In the main the corporate bookmakers hide under the legislation and regulations of a NT Government that could not give a continental about giving punters a fair go so nothing will happen unless the Federal Government intervenes and I can't see Abbot making this a priority

No wonder there are no on course bookmakers left when you consider the stringent regulations under which they had to operate.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Now I've had my Ladbrokes acc restricted from betting fixed odds on greyhounds over the weekend. I was in front $400 for the month (didn't go back any further in researching, it was depressing).
    I agree with you Greg/Richard and I think I'll waste a bit of my time contacting the ACCC and also shoot an email off to Nick Xenaphon. No doubt I'll get nowhere but it might help settle the anger.
    Such a shame, as I really enjoyed their 'field bt fav' option......so much easier than waiting to try and get set on Betfair. I'm gonna try open a Bookmaker acc but don't think I'll get far.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    In NSW dont HRNSW say who can bet on the field's not the Gov ? For the trots i mean.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    I think they have the say on who can publish their fields but as to who can bet on them, it's up to the thieves (corporates) terms & conditions.
    But an email to Sam Nati may not go astray.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    The NT Govt rolled out the red carpet, gave the corporates the kitchen sink thinking there was gold in it for them and have received SFA. Less than 3 Million last year I think from memory.

There's hardly an Aussie Bookie left up there and as a consequence nor are there the NT jobs that the Govt thought they were securing. In fact, they're bleeding jobs within the industry as they feed of one another. NT is an address for them and that's it. The vast majority of the day to day is going on elsewhere, mostly in Northwest Sydney.

I've been offered a role with a couple of them and it didn't involve finding somewhere to live nearest Fannie Bay.

I've emailed Nick Xenophon previously Brent and received correspondence.

Member Gelding doncht will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Don Chet
    By the way guys, which betting exchange do you currently use these days and can you also provide a quick review?

+ Reply to Thread