Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Nz bred vs australian bred

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Come to Rosewood,Pepper Tree, Success, Golden Gait. Viv you wont find better looked after or contented horses anywhere.These are from our region in NSW no disrespect to any other studs as just using as an example.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Come to Rosewood,Pepper Tree, Success, Golden Gait. Viv you wont find better looked after or contented horses anywhere.These are from our region in NSW no disrespect to any other studs as just using as an example.
    Viv might also like to look up thoroughbred studs like Arrowfield, Coolmore, Darley, etc., etc. and the champion horses that they breed and sell in Australia (Gai Waterhouse being one of the most prolific buyers)

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I should not wade into this debate, but hell I'm gunna,
    when we talk about breeding the BEST, in my mind we are talking Interdominion horses, horses that can both sprint and stay, horses with strong constitiutions that can handle the rough and tumble of competition at the highest grade and back up next week for more of the same, personaly speaking, times are one thing , who you can beat is another, Joe Ilsley told me many years ago "don't get concerned about what time your horse can run, get concerned about who he can beat and who he can't"

there have been 72 editions of the Pacers interdominion FINAL, 38 won by Australian bred horses, 33 won by New Zealand breds and 1 Mr Feelgood got a mention for the USA, in the last forty years there have been 20 New Zealand bred winners, 19 Aussie bred winners and 1 x Mr Feelgood, an interesting fact is that of the 20 NZ bred winners, 13 were trained in Australia, of the 19 Australian bred winners, 19 were trained in Australia.....make of that what you like, but someone might say they improved when they got onto Aussie soil/pasture, some may say differently, who knows at the end of the day it's all conjecture anyway.

But if you want to debate, then try debating with honest info, not info twisted to suit your side of the story.

Cheers,
    Dan
    Danno, if you want honest info I thini it would be remiss of you not to factor in number of horses bred and number of horsrs in training to your stats. Im not aware of those stats, I think quantity of horses bred each yr is pretty strong in NZ but I believe horses in training would be subdtantially ess than Aust. Hard for NZ to compete on that basis. Im not sure how much it would affect your stats but it is important to be mindful of this when comparing.

Senior Member Colt djgood will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    David Goodhand
    Occupation
    trainer
    Horses
    Couple of squaregaiters
    i think you have to look at cost now theres a trotter just come over from NZ they paid a bit of money(over $15000) for it and cant win a T0-T1 trot at menangle, ive been trying to sell my Aussie bred who more than matches this trotter and won over $9000 this season for $5000 not one interest in her

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by djgood View Post
    i think you have to look at cost now theres a trotter just come over from NZ they paid a bit of money(over $15000) for it and cant win a T0-T1 trot at menangle, ive been trying to sell my Aussie bred who more than matches this trotter and won over $9000 this season for $5000 not one interest in her
    How do u think she would go in Qld David?
    Wether u sell her or she is transferred to another trainer for a few months to give her a go? Ourlittlelil went to Qld a year ago or so from Vic and she won about 10k over the year and is now back home with initial trainer in Vic?
    Used Tickets who started in Vic, then had some small success at Menangle came to back to Vic shortly but has now after a few months really hit form in SA recently.
    Sometimes a fresh start new track new trainer can refresh a horse, look at Rainbow Jayjay, teasing now blitzing the opposition in Qld, mind u over the Mobile mile only really, but that's where she's best...

Senior Member Colt djgood will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    David Goodhand
    Occupation
    trainer
    Horses
    Couple of squaregaiters
    My mare and teasing are pretty even I think whichever horse lobs in front of the other beats the other home so I think she will go well in qld , but looking to sell to buy a 3 or 2 yo trotter and a yearling trotter if I don't sell she can keep going round picking up pretty decent prize money at menangle

+ Reply to Thread