Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Adam Cartwright and poor Jock...

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh

Adam Cartwright and poor Jock...

So the Manning camp send Adam to Globe Derby to the 10k St Leger and give the drive to the local Jock Dunlop. Kerryn stays in Vic.
    Adam is $1.10 Fav, draws 3, leads in many of his races but comes out under a bit of pressure and gallops back to 30 odd meters last, bugger.
    Is then out 3wide at about the 400 done a lot of work, starts to hang in a little, as he has done in the past, but is unfortunately racing close to the death horse who is in a newer wider gig and from what I see in Adams "body language" his left knee makes contact with that gig, gallops again, bugger.
    Will Jock get another drive?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    No
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Pretty sure Kev has hit the nail on the head. Adam is owned by the Cormacks(Ananz, Znana etc) and they are SA locals and wouldn't have been real impressed with the drive so I would say that Kerryn will be heading over to take the reins.

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    Which was followed up next race by the, to then, undefeated, $1.10 favourite, DontDoubtMe breaking at the start too.

I seem to notice a few horses either being tailed off badly or retired last night too.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    We Harness fans, or should I make that harness punters, are a strange lot - if a 1/10 fav got beat at the gallops it would be a news story, at the trots nobody bats an eye.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Junior Member Foal ifyousayso will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    james dennis
    not a chance. no idea why he was on in the first place
    wont matter anyway coz the VC Manoureve is travelling and progressing and the word is he might head to the SA Derby i reckon hes got them covered.
    Just my opinion but i like what hes been doing

Member Filly BenScadden will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ben Scadden
    FYI, Jock is a close friend of the Cormack family and has driven many of their horses in Adelaide for a long time. Every chance he'll be driving for them again.

aussiebreno

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BenScadden View Post
    FYI, Jock is a close friend of the Cormack family and has driven many of their horses in Adelaide for a long time. Every chance he'll be driving for them again.
    Good post. I reckon he has built up a pretty good strike rate over the years.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    I for one was probably a little to critical of Jock and I'm sorry about that Ben. Jock has driven a lot of winners for the Cormacks in SA and shouldn't be judged on 1 drive.

Member Filly BenScadden will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ben Scadden
    No dramas, Richard. Each time a driver gets in the sulky, they're open to scrutiny - and will be judged by how they handle the horses. They'll get praised for the good ones, criticised for the not-so-good (like Jock on Adam Cartwright). I was just providing some background for those who wondered why Jock was driving the horse in the first place. He's going around in the Derby on Saturday night, so be interesting to see how things pan out.

+ Reply to Thread