Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Smoken Up, Mah Sish, Abettorpunt, ....

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Smoken Up, Mah Sish, Abettorpunt, ....

Throw in Im Corzin Terror, Keayang Steamer and a couple of other nice horses and you have one red hot Horsham Cup today. For an entree you get to see Blitzthemcalder win the Trotters Cup.

Prizemoney for the Cup is $60k - now I know why they always charge me to get into Horsham
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Go Trigger you Champion

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    Go Trigger you Champion
    Can't get there today unfortunately. Saving ourselves for Adelaide next weekend. Looking like being great field for their cup and its a great night. Goooo Trigger!

Note to wife...do not be anywhere near the telly between 6pm - 6.30pm this arvo.

aussiebreno
    Top 6 look to be pretty even to me. Keayang and Magical Telf awesome value for me. Would not touch Corzin Terror and even Mah Sish, too short for mine. Abettorpunt my 3rd pick from Smoken Up, those two deserved faves.
    Last edited by aussiebreno; 01-05-2014 at 05:43 PM.

Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Congrats to KS, but it was handed to him by Justice... The Champ would have won if he was driven more aggressively IMHO.
    Trigger certainly ain't finished yet that's for certain

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    Congrats to KS, but it was handed to him by Justice... The Champ would have won if he was driven more aggressively IMHO.
    Trigger certainly ain't finished yet that's for certain
    Dunno about that Smoken, not sure if u noticed, bit hard not to, but Trigger didn't handle the last turn at top speed, he lost an instant length at least before he could get going in a straight line in straight but then KS was maintaining and too strong.
    I do think Lance could've ran a little faster from the 600 at least tho...
    Mah Sish terrible.
    Abettorpunt also disappointing...

Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    I heard it on the radio Ash. Just took a squiz @ the vid replay, & you are right about him going horrible round last bend..
    Completely unbalanced him, & KS as you said already had the momentum happening and was to strong @ the end.
    Lance certainly should have driven him with more authority in the last 600 for sure. Good signs for Trigger going to the S.A Cup
    Hugo Play a top run, the rest were average I thought, especially Mah Sish.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Top 6 look to be pretty even to me. Keayang and Magical Telf awesome value for me. Would not touch Corzin Terror and even Mah Sish, too short for mine. Abettorpunt my 3rd pick from Smoken Up, those two deserved faves.
    Obviously Trigger didnt get around the bend and that gave Steamer an advantage, but he did a lot of work and had the toughest run if the race. A pretty good run, the Chariots field from last season just keeps getting better and better.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I was there. Hard to know what caused Trigger to go roughly - he was hardly going top speed. It is not like him and this is a beautiful big track but I can tell you that it was extremely windy in Horsham today. At 6pm the BOM recorded the wind at 39k with gusts up to 56k - going around that bend is where they hit it so maybe it played a part. Even though they took nearly 2sec off the race record, I thought Trigger was getting it all his own way but maybe when Keayang put the pressure on, is about the point Trigger prefers the winning post to be ie 2700m getting a bit far for those old legs.
    KS is by Riverboat King - what has become of him?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Couple of good points there Kev, I think it was a very good drive by young Craven to get the jump on Trigger when he did because if you just sit there in the breeze and it comes down to a dogfight, there's every chance that that Smoken Up wins the race.

+ Reply to Thread