+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Inter City Pace

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters

Inter City Pace

Love or Hate Tritton/Panella.
    I thought Arghal based on going 5 seconds faster than the other heats, Arghal looked an absolute moral on Saturday night.
    There is no doubt D Elder smashed the horse and well deserved his 21 days. However, 2 laps out anyone that tells me the horse was laying in, is in denial.
    Its called pull out 3 wide not 2 and a half wide before you try and progress forward.
    Panella should have got 21 as well.
    I hear the crowd were ecstacic on Saturady night for Paul Sapio

Member Yearling Frano1982 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Francis
    Occupation
    Pastrycook
    Horses
    Sun Samurai Teasing Dolly Dagger Open

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Well there's a surprise Jack, your last post has bitten the dust (again)...I am just wondering if you are related to Norman who gives John Laws an earful from time to time, because he is one angry bloke too.

This isn't the first time we have heard about the angst surrounding the Tritton/Panella partnership...but the agro DOES seem to be getting beyond the pale. Is it simply a case of jealousy as they continually succeed in a tough industry? I don't know, but something really needs to be done by someone in authority to nip this crap in the bud.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Jack, Go back through the replays from Maitland the other night and you will see a lot of interference in most of the races, Can you explain why???? Maybe with the evolution of the standard bred speed wise, Maitlands track might be a little tight for most of the horses. The race that you mentioned is not a lot different to most of the races I watched from there the other night. You've definitely taken your eye off the ball and seem to be singling Tritton/Panella out at every opportunity and it's becoming quite boring.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    They had 5 of the 6 runners in the Open event. IMO the race should have been scrapped - it just can't be good for the sport as it spells potential trouble if they do not finish in the order they should
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Sure it's a tight track, but common, she's on a 10s on pop. I'm the first to admit I talk thru my kick, but even still, Sat nights drive was totally unacceptable (early gallop/check aside). Your on the best animal by a hundred yards.....your job.....stay out of trouble!! The perfect example of a similar situation was Alford driving the fav in the trotters cup at Horsham on Sunday. He went away terrible, but kept him balanced, stayed out of trouble and the rest took care of itself. Horses run for Panella....no doubt, and I love having my hard earned on when she's rolling out in front but it will be a long time before I'm betting her charges again from the second line. Will stick with Mach Beauty, Brave Wiggy and the like.
    On another note, loved the run of Sauve Stuey Lombo behind the stablemate on the same night. Reverse the runs in transit and he wins by as far/further. Good to see him back in fine fettle after a disappointing trip across the ditch.

Member Filly Boydy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Boyd
    Richard, I was at Maitland last Saturday night. I don't necessarily think that it is the horses that can't handle the track, more so that some of the drivers did not really adapt to the track. In most races there was a mad scramble to the first corner and horses that draw inside will generally kick up more than they would on the bigger track and some of the horses were driven into the corner more than they usually would and as a result some errors were made.

I do tend to agree that the locked wheel incident appeared to be somewhat careless and was probably the difference between winning and losing.

It was a great night with a good crowd it is a bit of a shame that the media coverage in the aftermath has been negative, I was in the stabling area after the race and I did not even realise that there was a drama.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    It's great for the sport seeing the horses going around on the smaller tracks and as you pointed out Adam, It would definitely come down to the drivers skills. A lot of the younger brigade of drivers are more than likely inexperienced on this type of track. The horses are clearly getting faster but it all comes down to the individual driving skills to negotiate a track like Maitland. It looked a pretty good night up there and it's a pity that the media has become involved.

Member Filly Boydy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Boyd
    Richard, there is no doubt that the small tracks like Maitland are a great spectacle. I was critical of the services offered at a meeting a couple of months ago, but the Maitland club should be appluaded for way that the night was organised.

I really love the Carnival of Cups concept. Sure the smaller tracks may not suit all horses but there are plenty of owners who have horses that go just as fast on maitland as they would at Menangle so why should they not get a chance. The one change that I would make is to have 1 or 2 good prizemoney races for locals only. The Fishers Ghost meeting, that I really like has a Menangle track fees race and I think the Cof C should have a similiar race/s.

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Pena View Post
    Love or Hate Tritton/Panella.
    I thought Arghal based on going 5 seconds faster than the other heats, Arghal looked an absolute moral on Saturday night.
    There is no doubt D Elder smashed the horse and well deserved his 21 days. However, 2 laps out anyone that tells me the horse was laying in, is in denial.
    Its called pull out 3 wide not 2 and a half wide before you try and progress forward.
    Panella should have got 21 as well.
    I hear the crowd were ecstacic on Saturady night for Paul Sapio
    Are you for real can you please direct me to the last driver anywhere in Australia who got 21 days for locking wheels when trying to progress forward.

Sure it was unlucky no doubt but if we give every driver 21 days when they are unlucky we will have fields of 5 in every race because everyone else will be on holiday.

If you don't want any interference or bad luck in races when you have a bet its simple start betting on athletics but make sure it is only in races of 400m or shorter after that they move from their lanes.

+ Reply to Thread