Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Inter City Pace

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Went to Yonkers in 2009 and thoroughly enjoyed every minute watching the horses going around on the 1/2 mile(800m) track. The place is a bit run down but food and drinks are close by and the locals are great people. The number of expat horses racing there is amazing and even won a few bucks on Non Commital and a lot on Macraider(NZ).
    Last edited by Richard prior; 01-07-2014 at 08:34 PM.

Member Filly Boydy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Boyd
    What you say about the CO, Adam is not a 100% true. The C0 was only open to horses that had not won a lifetime race or had not won in there last 5 starts. I know of at least 2 horses that were nomed for the C0 but were not eligible for the Menangle heat, that have won recent restricted races at Tamworth. I thought the conditions of this race were ridiculous to be honest, why not just an open C0 or only horses that had not won a LTM.

I did not realise that Temora had done this but I hope all the other country clubs follow suit and support their local participants.

As for your suggestion that Newcastle horses have only been winning at Menangle (Harold Park) in the last 15 months, I reckon there has been at least 20 trainers that have had winners there in the last 10 years and to me this comes across as a bit disrespectful. Shane Tritton may have more runners on a week by week basis at Menangle but ever since I have gone to Harold Park there has always been a high level of participation and winners provided by Newcastle trainers.

Real Name
    Adam Boyd
    Adam, why you are at it and from your link I looked at the fast class at Temora. The whole conditions of Juniour Driver and Mare concessions drive me crazy.

I own 3 mares and the scattergun approach on what races get a concession seems to be very random. Is there any reason why there cannot be some consistency?

When you see Rocket Reject a M3 gets into a race no better than a M2 worth $12k I get very confused.

The country Menangle heats generally have no concession and I have spoken previously to the race department and informed them of the future concessions in the program and subsequently they were subsequently overturned.

aussiebreno
    Genuwine 29 Jan 2010 from a quick scattered look of 3 meetings.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Some very interesting names getting around back then that hopefully we never see again.

Real Name
    Adam Boyd
    Come on Adam trying to differentiate between Menangle and Harold Park is being a little mischievous. HP was not that long ago and the fields would be the envy of the current fields at Menangle. They used to actually ballot horses out 5 years ago. Choosing a field of 7 over a field of 6 with 5 trained by one trainer. I cannot believe any punter would think this is a better proposition.. I was at the meeting and stayed to watch the FFA but the majority of the crowd empitied out. The 8th race and the Menangle horses hardly kept the crowd there.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    Come on Adam trying to differentiate between Menangle and Harold Park is being a little mischievous. HP was not that long ago and the fields would be the envy of the current fields at Menangle. They used to actually ballot horses out 5 years ago. Choosing a field of 7 over a field of 6 with 5 trained by one trainer. I cannot believe any punter would think this is a better proposition.. I was at the meeting and stayed to watch the FFA but the majority of the crowd empitied out. The 8th race and the Menangle horses hardly kept the crowd there.
    fair go to Adam Fairley he was only talking about Menangle.

Real Name
    Adam Boyd
    Come on Brenno. One day HP next week Menangle. They are atill building at HP the body is still warm. We are not talking about The Showgrounds.

aussiebreno
    Adams original comment: "It wasn't that long ago that no Hunter horses had won a Metro race at Menangle"

Just Menangle, no mention of HP.

Real Name
    Adam Boyd
    Just had a look at the first few meetings after the transfer. A lot of the winning trainers seem to be not training anymore or having had a holiday!! Russo, Thorn must be a Newcastle thing. I remember Rodney Pike having plenty of winners at Menangle as well as everywhere else in the Newcastle area.

+ Reply to Thread